Comparative kits to Paradigm M 7

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ChristopherD, Apr 10, 2002.

1. ChristopherD

ChristopherD Stunt Coordinator

My fiancee and I have demoed a variety of speakers and have taken a liking to the dynamics and touch of warmth we hear in the Paradigm Monitor 7's. Even the Studio 20's were not as pleasing to us. (Heresy, I know.)

My issue: I want to build kits for the front 3 that have similar characteristics in musicality and HT presence and am concerned that some of the well-regarded kits will have the same properties as well-regarded speakers like DT pro 100 or Studio 20 ("accuracy?")that did not appeal to us as much.

As one cannot listen until time and money is invested, I'd like to know your opinions before I make the plunge.

Receiver:Yam RX-V 620

Thanks,

Chris

2. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    Most DIY designs that I've heard were at least as accurate as Studio 20s. These speakers also tend to highlight any weaknesses in the audio chain (transport, receiver, amps, etc.). Have you heard any high-end commerical designs that you've liked? I found the M7s to be much brighter than the studio line... did you listen to these speakers w. the same setup (and room conditions)?

3. Aaron Holbrook

I have monitor 7's and had a yamaha 620. The setup was extremely bright and harsh. I jsut got an integra 7.1 which mellowed the sound out and the sound is now outstanding. I hear you can get paradigms in canada for up to 30% cheaper since there made in canada, if it's economical for you to cross the border. I'm not real sure on the kits but at 30% of ~$550 for the front pair... that's hard to beat when you think of the time your gona invest. Just my opinion though.

4. ChristopherD

ChristopherD Stunt Coordinator

Much food for thought. Thank you for your contributions. My question is answered and it created only 17 more!

Chris