What's new

Paradigm Beef- Advice Needed(long) (1 Viewer)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
A good dealer is worth paying a little premium for.
Of late I've seen too many posts of dealers that charge the premium and doesn't deliver and it seems the mfg must bail them to save their own reputation. More and more it seems to be encouraging me to buy from the internet dealers and get an extended warrantee as it seems you end saving some cash and are going to have the same hassles in the long run if you buy from a grey market dealer. Or better yet look at the internet only dealers (ACI, Outlaw, etc) and get great service and product and no headaches.

Just picked up my sub today. Ya Ho. I had been talking directly to Gary Takeda @ Paradigm by "E" mail and was just waiting for its arrival back to the store. It turns out that the driver had a problem.

Although Paradigm® and Paradigm® Reference speakers sound great right out of the carton, they will sound even better once they are broken-in. We therefore recommend that you operate the speakers for several hours before you do any critical listening.
Anyway got it running with some light music and I'm just glad this is finished and hopefully there is no more problems.

Mike B

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Mike, Glad you got it worked through and passed on the info in this thread.

Sounds like it is time to find another dealer though. I've been dealing with 3 here in the Okanagan, 2 of which have been much better than the other. Since I'm upgrading all my speakers, the one dealer won't be getting the business which would have netted him some good dollars.

My Servo-15 has been ordered :D and my Klipsch KSW-12 will be gone soon as well. No room to keep it as a second sub, although I may try it out that way 'just to hear what happens'.

Ron_L

Second Unit
Mike just out of curiousty what store were you dealing with?

I thinking about getting a PW2200 and I don't want to put up with any of this BS.

I think i'll stick to my plans of buying Paradigm, specially after how well they took care your situation.

Craig & Ron,
I would rather not say right now. I just got the sub back and if I have more problems I don't want to close the door on myself. If your not buying in the mid Vancouver Island area your OK. But other than some comments that maybe I took out of context do to frustration I was happy with the deal on the price and I did have a floor model to use for the entire time and they did exchange my kids speaker as soon as the new one was in stock. It was just a bad set of circumstances and they maybe didn't know how to react to someone who was pushy and wasn't going to stop till things were right and that's the way it should be. Isn't it? Maybe I'm just cooling off since I got my sub back. If I was to buy stuff there agian it would have to be a pretty sweet deal for all this trouble.

Mike B

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks