What's new

Paper can't beat rock! (1 Viewer)

PeterK

Supporting Actor
haha, I got this from a group on facebook, I bet it's out there on the net somewhere, cause it's too funny to be an original of some UW student.
Anyways.

"I understand that Scissors can beat Paper, and I get how Rock can beat Scissors, but there's no fucking way Paper can beat Rock. Paper is supposed to magically wrap around Rock leaving it immobile? Why the hell can't paper do this to scissors? Screw scissors,why can't paper do this to people? Why aren't sheets of college ruled notebook paper constantly suffocating students as they attempt to take notes in class?I'll tell you why, because paper can't beat anybody, a rock would tear that shit up in 2 seconds. When I play rock/ paper/ scissors I always choose rock.Then when somebody claims to have beaten me with their paper I can punch them in the face with my already clenched fist and say, oh shit, I'm sorry I thought paper would protect you, asshole."

It makes me laugh, and i'm bored, so I'm sharing.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Haha, reminds me of something I heard on a TV show or something. They were playing rock, paper, scissors. One guy throws a rock, the other the paper. The guy with the rock yells "I WIN!" the other guy goes "but doesn't paper beat rock?" "no" the rock-guy says "it rips right through the paper". "oh". hehee.

Interesting thing I've heard about facebook. Apparently, potential employers and school faculty etc. often go onto facebook and read the profiles/blogs of their candidates.

I don't have a facebook account, but when I do make one, it'll go something like this:

"After having a full balanced breakfast, I went to the gym this morning for a hard work out before I went down to to volounteer at the homeless shelter. Afterwards I went to the library and studied for a few hours. I then went off to the children's hospital where I read to the sick children. I then went home, got to bed at 9, and got a solid nights sleep. I can't wait to go to class tomorrow!"

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Reminds me of Kramer and Mickey from Seinfeld.

M:"Rock flies right through paper."

K:"What beats rock?"

M:"Nothing beats rock."

They both then proceed to constantly put out rock....

Classic.

PeterK

Supporting Actor
haha. I really doubt employers can look at people's facebook. Unless facebook gives random employers/schools admintistrative priveliges, there Is no way to look at a persons profile unless you go to their school or are on their friend list... perhaps people looks at people' MySpaces or Xangas, but those can be kept confidential pretty easily.

hmm, acutally, now that I think about it, all you have to do is sign up with a university email account... ya, I suppose schools/employers could see it. I guess I better get rid of all that anti semetic, woman hating, nuke the wales stuff I have posted on mine :D

And it's ok carlo, i'm more of a loser for posting it :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't there another thread like this?

In it, I mentioned another show (not Seinfeld....or maybe it was???) where the guys says "Rock crushes Scissors!" and the other guy says "AH! But these are TITANIUM scissors!" :laugh:

Hmmmm, I wonder if a wrestler was named "The Paper", would he have been able to be "The Rock" every time??? :D The bout wouldn't even need to be played. They'd both enter the ring and the announcer would look at both and then say "Paper wins!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks