What's new

Panasonic SA-XR70 and S97 (1 Viewer)

Ben Stern

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know when these new products are going to be released? An e-mail to Panasonic has not been answered. Also, can anyone point me to a web page that gives the specs for the XR-70? I've decided that my next receiver is going to be digital. I'm curious how this one will compare to the H/K 2005 and 1005. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Ben Stern

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know when these new products are going to be released? An e-mail to Panasonic has not been answered. Also, can anyone point me to a web page that gives the specs for the XR-70? I've decided that my next receiver is going to be digital. I'm curious how this one will compare to the H/K 2005 and 1005. Thanks in advance.

Ben

Ben Stern

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Danny! Sadly, the S97 DVD player, does not support SACD. A mistake IMO on Panasonic's part.

Ben Stern

Stunt Coordinator
Thank you Danny! Sadly, the S97 DVD player, does not support SACD. A mistake IMO on Panasonic's part.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Ben,

"The format war" will not be resolved anytime soon, especially from the perspective of Sony and Panasonic. Your best bet would be an universal player from the likes of Toshiba, Samsung, Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, or Pioneer.

If you're interested in SACD, you may want to take a look at the recent Conference/Workshop held by Universal/Sony/Philips.

http://www.sa-cd.net/shownews/23

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Ben,

"The format war" will not be resolved anytime soon, especially from the perspective of Sony and Panasonic. Your best bet would be an universal player from the likes of Toshiba, Samsung, Yamaha, Denon, Onkyo, or Pioneer.

If you're interested in SACD, you may want to take a look at the recent Conference/Workshop held by Universal/Sony/Philips.

http://www.sa-cd.net/shownews/23

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks