What's new

Panasonic RP91 goes dead after 2 years (1 Viewer)

matt-f

Second Unit
Two difference sitautions. When I first bought my RP-82, I gotten an error message(H02) before the 30-day exchange came up. Only happened once but I took no chances and I exchanged it right away with a new one. Light use approximately up to 4 hours a week. I had it for a year now and it still works like a charm!

My RP-56 which I currently own for over two years. Funny thing is that, my optical pickup went bad last year and it kept working(no error message). The issue is that it wouldn't read cd-r/rw properly and very intermitty(0 to 1 every 2 months aprox) will not read dvds. When it keeps trying to read the disc, the optical head moves like crazy and you hear this crash noise. Also the door try stopped twice for no reason as well. Finally got it repaired and Panasonic only charged me the labor ($70) even thou it was out of warrenty anyways (maybe because I kept my units in very mint condition?). What they changed was the optical pickup and spindle motor assembly. Now my unit is just like new again with full functionaltiy with the new set of mechanical parts!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks