What's new

panasonic dvd cp72 questions (1 Viewer)

ryan_lesser

Auditioning
Hi all-

1)can anyone let me know the full compatibility of this player? I am mostly hoping that it does vcd and svcd. On the official site it mentions vcd, mp3 etc...but no svcd.

It also mentions dvd-r but not dvd+r

2)I have had many players that I had to return because I hated the Heads Up Display. For example, there are toshibas that when you hit play...or even worse, pause....there is a huge blue box with the icon on it right in prime movie viewing space.

I am hoping this player has simple white icons, way off to the top or corner.

can anyone describe or post a jpg?

thanks

JasonLC

Stunt Coordinator
The CP72/RP82 play VCD, XVCD, SVCD, KVCD, MP3, and WMA flawlessly and I know this because I have played them on both. They also play all recordable DVD formats including DVD-RAM. When doing player functions there is only a small dark blue background with white text foreground logo on the upper right hand side of the screen. It is the perfect place to put it in my opinion and it isn't distracting. The owners manual on both players say they don't support SVCD, but when you play one it even says "SVCD" in the play logo.

ryan_lesser

Auditioning
thanks for the detailed answer.

yah, I have had really mixed web research regarding svcds. Every (online store) site lists totally different functions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks