What's new

Pana RP-56, Sony 77ES and DTS Audio "pop" problem (1 Viewer)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Last night I experienced the following problem. I'm not sure the RP-56 is at fault, but I don't remember my Tosh 3109 ever doing the same thing. (I may have never tried this... 3109 donesn't have the jog control)
I was listing to a DTS audio sampler CD I used the jog wheel to FF when the wheel is released and the audio starts back there is a loud POP/Crackel or some sort of incorrectly decoded audio data noise.
My DTS decoding is done by decoder in the Sony 777ES via a TOSlink connection. That decoder has been pretty solid up to this point.
Can someone else with a RP-56 and external DTS decoder try this test? I think it may work with DTS movies too, but I didn't try that.

Kerry Hackney

Stunt Coordinator
I am not sure if this is a simular problem but I have a Panasonic DVD-RV80 with built in DTS decoder. I have problems with the DTS sampler disk on the Roy Orbison track. POPS and CRACKS periodic through that song. I thought it was the disk so DTS sent me a replacement. It does the same. I wonder if the decoder is not able to process correctly. I haven't noticed the problem on any DTS DVD tracks. Just watched Shrek last weekend....

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
That's not what I was decribing, but I've got the same disc if you want me to 2x check that for you. Give me a rough time in the RO track (from black & white, right?) and I'll check.
The real problem is after using the jog, if the player is sending incomplete packets of DTS data to the external decoder (reciever) the reciver plays that data as if it was DTS data, which is it not, it's garbage. I'm trying to figure out if this is a Panasonic problem and if they should address it.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
Kerry, no bad sound in the DTS sampler with Roy. Sounded great for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks