What's new

Overnight Delivery release date? (1 Viewer)

Bart

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if this movie has an upcoming DVD release date? A friend of mine is desparate to get her hands on it. I realize it is an obscure movie, but I thought I'd throw it out there to see if anyone had any inside knowledge. Thanks in advance.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
The 1998 film?

No, it's not currently on the schedule whatsoever. The VHS may still be available online, but no DVD.

I'm sure, though, that as Reese Witherspoon's stock in Hollywood continues to rise, that New Line will put this film out just for Reese completists to add to their collection.

As I recall, this wasn't too bad a flick anyways.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
It actually was dumb fun when I saw it on cable a few years back. Kevin Smith did an uncredited rewrite, and though the director and stars had their way with the material anyway, you can still find some traces of Smith's handiwork (a classroom diatribe on JAWS springs to mind).

Always made me laugh that ROAD TRIP used such a similar concept to this one, too.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
I think it would be awesome if New Line would let Kevin Smith do commentary and a documentary illustrating how this movie became such a trainwreck. Maybe they could provide the original screenplay as well to illustrate how poorly-handled it was. I know it would never happen, because it would undeniably amount to a bash-fest, but one can dream. Any such content would more than likely be far more entertaining than the movie itself.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
On Kevin Smith's films, he is very specific about how the actors perform his lines, he's even gone so far as to give line readings to his actors. He also is very reluctant to allow ad-libbing. It may sound extreme, but if you take a Kevin Smith script and the dialogue isn't performed properly and ad-libbing is encouraged, you get a piece of crap like "Overnight Delivery", which is a mess because the director didn't know how to direct a Kevin Smith script.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks