What's new

Outside speakers (1 Viewer)

StephenZ

Grip
I have a Yamaha 5560 Receiver. I will be adding speakers upstairs and out by the pool. The speakers will be mounted exposed on the side of the house and garage (L-shape).
The pool and patio area are close to the house.
Also, I would like to use an external volume control for the pool speakers.
Plus, any suggestions for a 2 pr speaker selector.
Thanks.

Blake R

Stunt Coordinator
I see you're not getting a lot of repsonses Stephen. If your receiver has multizone output you can run that to another amp or receiver and feed the speakers through an A/B switch, or if the amp/receiver can handle it run on A+B. This is essentially what I have done in my home. I have one receiver sending it's multi-zone output to another receiver and the A and B speaker outputs of the second receiver feed two satellite listening locations. At each location is a standard in-wall stereo volume control. In some cases it would be advisable to use "impedance matching" volume controls which can prevent your amp from overheating due to the low impedance fan-out limit of the amp/receiver in A+B mode. The wiring of multiple speaker zones can be problematic depending on the capabilities of your source receiver. My HK is quite flexible. If your interested there is some discussion of this multi-zone business on my website.

StephenZ

Grip
Thanks Blake.......I visited your site and enjoyed reading about your accomplishments. I will be buying my second home in about a year and will spoil myself with mulit-room set-ups. My receiver has an A/B switch. I will use the B switch to support the other areas. At this time, I do not see myself using separate sources at the same time.
I read about a Niles 2 pr speaker selector with volume controls. I may try this out with different speakers til I find something I like.
My unit has pre-outs for all channels. Not really sure what I can do with that. Does that mean I can add an external amp for the B switch? Would this be an option if I am not satisfied with the volume level in the other two rooms? Here is some info on my unit.
http://www.yamaha.com/cgi-win/webcgi...R00010HTR-5560
Thanks for the response......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks