What's new

Outlaw 950 Pre/pro Or New Receiver?? (1 Viewer)

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
You know, Alan & Parker I just read a review of the latest 860 pre/pro from Adcom in HTMag.
It is a very nice looking unit. And it came out very good overall in the review. As did the new Adcom amp it was teamed with.
But 2 of the weaknesses were in video switching, and what seemed to me to be limited bass management. Both areas where the 950 excels, at almost half the list price. They made little mention of the bass management, which tells me it is typical for a pre/pro and not superior as in the 950.

I am using my system with M&K 750 THX system speakers, and the bass management is well suited. The 80 hz cutoff for the front three is a given, and I have tailored my surrounds at 100 hz. The sound overall has more clarity, as mentioned, but the sub integration is also more seamless.
Yeah, everything has just come together..and I am still looking for my RS sound level meter........

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dale:

Nice setup.

You really need to listen to some 2 channel music too. You will swear that your center channel on.

Parker

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Question: I am using 5.1 analog inputs from my DVD player, so will the 100hz cut off I programmed for my surrounds override the 80Hz cut off switch in back? Or do I need now to leave that switch off since I have programmed in all the crossovers on the menu?

Yes, I have heard more and more 2 channel. Even some FM sounds great (as in 'better').

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
Just got off the phone with Radio Shack, there are codes now for the Outlaw pre/pro.
It is 1109. They downloaded to my remote via phone modem, it did not work.
So I went ahead and did it manually. It does work. Well, it powers it down, not up! But maybe if you hit an additional selection key (as suggested by Outlaw support like when you press audio on the Outlaw remote) it will. Have not tried that yet.
Some of the other functions seem a bit scattered. Need to play with this some more.
The code shouuld work with other RS remotes like the venerable 15-1994. This should also work with the ones that have been hacked to take commands directly through the JP1 jack.
I will report this 'phenomena' to remotecentral.com and turn some of the super remote geeks loose on it, if they haven't started already.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Dale:

I am not sure on your 5.1 question but I would think it would override it.

I am not sure what you are referring to here with the Radio Shack remote. Did you have to buy a new one to replace the one that you got with your 950 or what?

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks