What's new

Any problems with Outlaw customer service? (1 Viewer)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
I own an Outlaw Model 950 preamp - at least I used to own it...

After moving to a new house, it started dropping the incoming signal, and then resetting itself, and then it would turn off.

I contacted the Outlaw support staff, and after some suggestions from them, ended up sending it back for them to look at.

Here is where I ran in to a black hole....no communication from them at all. I sent in another ticket a month later, and they responded that they were still working on it.

It has been another month, but again I have not received any updates on what is going on. It has been 3 months without having any surround sound, and with no updates from the Outlaws.

I also have one of their amps, and have had no problems with any of their customer service. Do any of you have similar stories? It looks like I may have to by another pre/pro if I never get my old one back....

Peter f

Stunt Coordinator
this sounds very unusual, I would expect if they could not reapir your unit within a reasonable amount of time that they would just replace it. I would call them or at least email them immediatly and see what the delay is...If I were you I would just call them and ask to get a replacement unit sent out asap...or a loaner

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Thanks for the response.

I contacted them again - and it appears that they had to replace the motherboard on the unit and were waiting for parts. They asked me to wait a couple of more days.

I still think there is a problem with not updating me on the status of this until I contact them - but I'm glad I'm getting my pre/pro back - with an upgrade to the hardware to boot...and all at no charge except for the shipping cost (around $30.00.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks