What's new

Out with the old, in with the new. (1 Viewer)

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys for the help. I looked at the H/k receivers and the one I am looking at is a little out of my price range. I think it will be worth it if I save. The problem is that the receiver would be in a very enclosed area. I have built a fan into the back of my cabinet, but I'm not sure it will keep it cool. I like to listen to my music loud and for a long period of time, that tends to make my current Kenwood extremely hot. Has anyone done similar tests with the H/K's with all channels driven and if so what was the results? I also have another question. Doesn't 7.1 sound seem the ruin the imagery? It seems to me what the original intent was it to act like a center rear, but what I have seen is the two SB channels too spread out to make it seem like a center channel. I'm glad I heard about the Sony products, has anyone had the same experiences?

Steve Adams

Second Unit
I never bought H/K. I worked in a store that sold them. and I purchased alot of sony gear because I thought it was great gear, only to be proven that pretty well all of it is junk. SONY tv's are not bad but waaaayyyyy overpriced. but it's a sony so I wont buy it. All my sony purchases came around a year from each other, in the span of that year and some what, I purchased numerous peices of sony equipment, and like I said, it all failed.

To the topic again......

look at onkyo, denon, pioneer, and really look at the new kenwood vr 6070....very nice unit. also outlaw's 6 channel reciver is pretty nice from what I have heard....

HienD

Stunt Coordinator
Steve, I guess you don't like sony. Lee, to get a better sounding receiver with 3 assignable optical inputs and 7.1 might bump your budget up. You'll probably have to look into a discontinued model that has been drastically reduced in price. I think you'll have to compromise sound quality or some features for your $450 price point.

LeeH

Stunt Coordinator
I found what I was looking for. It's a H/K AVR-320 and I found it for under $350 reconditioned. It's the same as the 325 but you need a separate amp to run the surround backs and it is 55 watts per channel instead of 50. It has everything I need and want except more than 75 watts per channel (but I know it will be more powerful than most rated at higher levels), a THX rating (which isn't a big deal sense I don't have all THX rated equipment), and composite to s video up conversion (I'll just get a cheap external one). Thanks you guys were a big help and I'm glad i posted before i bought.

NikoVarsan

Auditioning
I'm not sure if this helps or not, but I have all Sony poducts. My tv,cd,tape,speakers, and even my new 995. I have been a sony fan since my first stereo 15 years ago. Before I got my 995, I had a 925, which I bought new, and is
powering the HT in my bedroom. I've never had a problem with any of my sony products, but I guess I'm just lucky. Forthe price you want, I'd get the sony... but then I guess I'm biased by my good fortune . Good luck with whatever you decide.

rammstien

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks