What's new

Other movies like this. (1 Viewer)

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
I really enjoy movies like Gladiator, Braveheart, The 13th Warrior, etc. What are some other movies like these that I should check out? I can't seem to find much at the video store.

Dan

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Both Conan movies might be a good start.

There's also a film from the 70's about a group of Vikings landing in America. Someone here knows the name of that one for sure. It has a similar feel to that of 13th Warrior.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Though it's an older film, Spartacus is good recommendation. From watching one can see how much it influenced Mel Gibson in making Braveheart.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I second Spartacus--as Harry Pearson said in a recent issue of The Pervect Vision, it's the only film about the Roman era one can watch without being embarrassed.

And I also second John Boorman's Excalibur--wonderful film.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
I've got news for Harry Pearson. I watched Gladiator and Ben-Hur, and wasn't the least bit embarrased in watching them, nor was I embarrased about loving both of them. In fact, Ben-Hur is superior in every respect to Spartacus in my opinion.:D
Just a take on Harry Pearson's opinion.

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
>>Though it's an older film, Spartacus is good recommendation. From watching one can see how much it influenced Mel Gibson in making Braveheart. >In fact, Ben-Hur is superior in every respect to Spartacus in my opinion.

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the comment. By the way, That comment was just meant in spite of Pearson's comment. I know most here do NOT like Gladiator. But I do.

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll check some of them out. And Terrell, you are not alone. I love Gladiator. It's one of my favorite movies.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks