What's new

Original Star Trek TV series Boxed Set? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
After the final (40th) DVD release of the original series is out, do you think Paramount will release some kind of (multi) boxed set - possibly at a slightly reduced price than buying each separately?

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
Hopefully not in January. For those of us that have been dilligently buying them it'd be a smack in the face to release them all at 1/2 the cost of buying them seperately or something like that.
I'm hoping they'll see the light though and release TNG, DS9, VOY in season box sets for a reduced price with more episodes/features per disc.
------------------
My DVD Collection

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I keep hoping they will release the original series in a box set form. It's just too unweildy having 40 discs.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Shane D

Supporting Actor
i woudl like to see them sell 2 EMPTY boxes ala universal and jurassic park, that will hold 20 cases apiece, with star trek stuff all over the boxes, like the highlander tapes, to keep all our disks in.
------------------

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
I really hope they do, as I want them but haven't started buying the dual-episodes yet.

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Remember, it's Paramount, keeper of the high price flame. If a box set is released, and I believe it ultimately will be, it won't be any cheaper than buying them individually. It's not A&E putting them out, you know.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
I will not buy them UNTIL they come in some sort of space saving set;
40 boxes-jeesh-and priced at least $15-20 each, thats WAY too much money-At least $200-265 per season. Or potentially $600-800-for the series-no Friggin' way!
The answer is to release them in an XFILE type box, with the SCI-FI extras, at about $125 per season, and not be so greedy...its not like Paramount hasnt made their money back a THOUSAND-fold already on the series with the various tapes, Laserdiscs, comics, novels, chewing gums, recipes etc, and reruns ...
Think about the space 40 cases takes up, then imagine 3 XFILES boxes. No contest, eh?
Even A&E didnt QUITE have the gall to milk us that much on the PRISONER sets...
------------------
[Edited last by Mark_TS on September 26, 2001 at 01:31 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks