What's new

Original Spiderman Trilogy Coming to Blu Ray on July 3rd (1 Viewer)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
http://marvel.com/news/story/18434/original_spider-man_trilogy_coming_to_blu-ray
Just in time for this summer’s highly anticipated release of "The Amazing Spider-Man," in theaters July 3, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment is re-releasing "Spider-Man," "Spider-Man 2" and "Spider-Man 3" on Blu-ray with UltraViolet on June 12. Each edition includes new, collectable O-Ring packaging, as well as a code for owners to enter at a movie ticket redemption site (www.sonymoviecash.com/ASM), where they can see a sneak peek of "The Amazing Spider-Man" and print their free movie ticket offer*. The "Spider-Man" Blu-ray includes two never-before-seen bonus features “Spider Sense Over Movie Trivia Game” and “The Spider-Man Cutting Room.” The "Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray includes both previously released theatrical and extended versions of the film, with additional footage and fight sequences not seen in theaters.
UltraViolet is included on each edition, allowing owners of the Blu-ray to add the films to their Digital Right Library, enabling them to download or instantly stream the film.
The critically-acclaimed trilogy based on the Marvel Comics characters, which boast a combined worldwide box office gross of almost $2.5 billion, stars Tobey Maguire ("Seabiscuit," "The Great Gatsby") as Peter Parker (alias Spider-Man), Kirsten Dunst ("Meloncolia") as Mary Jane Watson, and James Franco ("Rise of the Planet of the Apes") as Harry Osborn. All three releases are directed by Sam Rami ("Evil Dead" trilogy). The series also features spectacular villains, with Willem Dafoe ("The Boondock Saints") as Green Goblin/Norman Osborn in "Spider-Man," Alfred Molina ("The Da Vinci Code") as Doc Ock/Dr. Otto Octavius in "Spider-Man 2," and Thomas Haden Church ("Easy A," "Sideways") as Sandman/Flint Marko and Topher Grace ("Predators") as Venom / Eddie Brock in "Spider-Man 3."
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18434/original_spider-man_trilogy_coming_to_blu-ray#ixzz1quvbUrDe
New to the "Spider-Man" Blu-ray:
“Spider Sense Trivia Challenge” -- Rise to the ultimate web-slinging challenge as you test your "Spider-Man" movie knowledge in this over feature trivia game. Do you have the spider sense to achieve the highest score?
“The Spider-man Cutting Room” -- Create and share your own video using clips and music from the movie!
New collectible O-Ring packaging
"Spider-Man" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
Filmmakers and Cast Commentary Sam Raimi, Laura Ziskin, Grant Curtis, and Kirsten Dunst
Visual Effects Designer & Crew Commentary John Dykstra & Special Effects Crew
Tobey Maguire and J.K. Simmons Commentary
“Spider-Man: The Mythology of the 21st Century”
HBO Making of "Spider-Man"
“Spider-Mania” an E! Entertainment Special
Director Profile: Sam Raimi
Composer Profile: Danny Elfman
Costume Design Featurette
Seven Behind The Scenes of "Spider-Man" Featurettes
Screen Tests with Tobey Maguire, J.K. Simmons, and CGI Spider-Man
Costume and Makeup Tests
Gag/Outtake Reel
Six Muti-angle Webisodes
Music Video: “Hero” performed by Chad Kroeger and featuring Josey Scott. Performed by Nickelback frontman Chad Kroeger, Saliva vocalist Josey Scott, Pearl Jam drummer Matt Cameron, and Theory Of A Dead Man guitarist Tyler Connolly
Music Video: “What We're All About” performed by Sum 41
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18434/original_spider-man_trilogy_coming_to_blu-ray#ixzz1quviFeB2
"Spider-Man 2" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
Commentary with cast and crew (Theatrical Version)
Technical commentary (Theatrical Version)
Commentary with Producer Laura Ziskin and Screen Writer Alvin Sargent (Extended Version)
Blooper Reel
12 Part Making of -- Making the Amazing Featurette
Hero in Crisis Featurette
Ock-Umentary Featurette
Five-Part Visual Effects Breakdown
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18434/original_spider-man_trilogy_coming_to_blu-ray#ixzz1quvpmnj4
New to the "Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray:
New collectible O-Ring packaging
"Spider-Man 3" Blu-ray Bonus Features Also Include:
Commentary with Director and Cast
Filmmaker Commentary
Bloopers
Concept Gallery: Sketches
Concept Gallery: Paintings
Concept Gallery: Sculptures
Photo Gallery: Special Effects
Photo Gallery: Director and Cast
Music Video: “Signal Fire” by Snow Patrol
"Spider-Man" has a run time of approximately 121 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized violence and action. "Spider-Man 2" Theatrical version has a run time of approximate 127 minutes and is rated PG-13 for stylized action violence. Extended version "Spider-Man 2.1" has a run time of approximate 136 minutes and is NOT RATED. "Spider-Man 3" has a run time of approximate 139 minutes and is rated PG-13 for sequences of intense action violence.
*Up to $10 at participating theaters.
More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/story/18434/original_spider-man_trilogy_coming_to_blu-ray#ixzz1quvuqx70

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Sounds like they're repackaging the existing transfers, and I have to say that those covers look *horrible*. What a hack job! Blech.

Jeff F.

Second Unit
I just purchased the BD 3-pack a couple of months ago for under $30. No way I'm going to double dip on these, not even for the added supplements.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Quote:

Originally Posted by dpippel /t/319767/original-spiderman-trilogy-coming-to-blu-ray-on-july-3rd#post_3912781
Sounds like they're repackaging the existing transfers, and I have to say that those covers look *horrible*. What a hack job! Blech.
No one put any thought into those covers. Generic, ugly and cheap. Color me completely shocked.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Those are the worst I've ever seen. Are we sure it isn't just temp art though?

Khai L

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Khai
These look like they have just been released in Australia. I havent been down to the retailers yet, so has anyone confirmed if these are new video and audio transfers? I thought I read somewhere that the audio now includes DTS HD MA, not Dolby True HD like the original release? What about the video? I would've hoped they remastered the first two at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks