What's new

ordered my 57HDX82 today!!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
I ordered my 57HDX82 from OneCall today. It should be delivered this Friday. I paid $2429.10 delivered with no payments and no interest until January of 2004 (really December of 2003...read the fine print). Since I live in the same State as OneCall I had to pay sales tax but it still came in cheaper then then BEST BUY.

I am really excited and I can't wait until Friday. Just in time for Spider-man. I also ordered Avia alignment disk from OneCall. I am sure this is a better source then Video Essentials. The Video Essentials I have is on laserdisk.

I was originally going to get a Samsung 55" set. I liked the low reflective screen of the Samsung but it had some minor issues. Also the 28" depth would take up alot of extra space. On a second or third trip to BEST BUY they had a 57H82 sitting next to the Samsung. I fell in love with this set and it was 2" larger yet only a litle over 23" deep. I was sold. Only thing I did not like about the 57H82 was the highly reflective screen.

I was told by some fellow HTF users that the 57HDX82 is a better choice and only a little more. When I called and talked to Brian at OneCall we went over the difference between the 2 sets. After he told me the HDX comes with an anti reflective screen I was sold.

When I get this set installed and calibrated I will have a full report.

I run an independent theater in Kirkland Washington. I have been a manager/projectionist for the past 11 years. I really enjoy my job and take great care in film presentation. I have been well trained by some very talented people. I guess you can say I know what to look for when shopping for a TV.

I am sure I have made the right choice.

Chris

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chris Strasz

Stunt Coordinator
Awesome Chris :) Welcome to the wonderful world of RPTV's. Give me another 2 months and I'll catch up with the rest of the gang here as well. Just gotta wait out an apartment move. Let us know how the set is once you have it up and running.

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Hey Chris,
This is actually not my first RPTV. I own a 1995 Sony 46" Videoscope as well (KP46S15). It was is a pretty good set and I will be giving it to my sister. It still works pretty good but I felt it was time for an upgrade.
One of the big problems I had with this set was the brand itself. Back in the old days I would just go for Sony. Good...bad....it's a Sony!! Everything my dad always bought was a Sony. However that had to change.
Its a long story but I worked for a theater company that was owned by Sony. We had a few bad summers and Sony refused to release more capital. As a result we had to file for bankrupcy. Many theaters had to be closed witch resulted any many layoffs. Including myself :angry: Ever since then Sony has left a bad taste in my mouth. In fact I can't even enjoy my old TV anymore because it says SONY on the front in big bold Silver letters.
If for some reason my sister never comes and picks it up I will sell it here. I would sell it locally for $500 if you can come with a pick up and pick it up. I live in Seattle Washington so drop me an e-mail if you are interested. The TV is in good working order and has about 4,000 hours on it.
Chris

Chris Strasz

Stunt Coordinator
I hear you on the Sony thing. That's a bummer :frowning: Glad to hear that you're upgrading though and I'm sure your sister will enjoy the set.
As for myself, I'm going to be picking up a pioneer within the next month or two. *Really* looking forward to that. Regardless, thanks for the offer!

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I took advantage of the same deal at the same price! I got mine on Tuesday and I love it!

Chris Shelly

Second Unit
Hey Kyle,

I thought it was a pretty good deal even paying sales tax. Today a local B&M store was selling the 50HDX82 for $2499. I got the bigger brother for $70.00 less. You really can't beat that.

It arrived today. Now I have to let it warm up for 8 hours before I can hook it up. Going to be a long 8 hours..LOL

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks