What's new

Opinions on Polk satellite/surrounds? (1 Viewer)

Micah

Auditioning
Just wondering what the opinon out there is on the polk FX series rear surround speakers is. I use maybe 60/40 music/DVD, and have heard conflicting reports about the quality of the FX series speakers in regards to CD playback. In anycase, it seams these are awesome speakers
What about the polk satellites? anyone have a feeling about those?

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
I've got a set of FX300's and I a think they sound great. As with any speaker, placement and system calibration play a big role in how well they sound.
Regarding sound quality of Polk Audio speakers while listening to CD's...that can be very subjective. Everyone has different tastes when it comes to listening to music. I have seen some posts here and on other sites that state that 2 channel is the only way to go, but alot of other people really praise multi-channel formats for their listening pleasure. I've got some albums that sound really good in 2 channel( mostly older Rock & some classical), but are lousy in multi-channel playback. I think that you'll find any CD/DVD that was recorded in DTS or DD will sound incredible using these speakers. The Eagles "Hell Freezes Over" DVD on my system (Polk)in DTS is something that is difficult to put into words. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Reece

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO....

I have had no complaints with the Polk's that I own. They are great for movies and good for music. Mine give me the option of either dipole or bipole with a switch located on one side of the speaker,depending on my source material.

In my case I listen to movies/music (65/35), so as far as movie soundtracks go I would highly recommend them in this capacity. This is not to say that they don't do a good job on music, I'm just not as critical in that area. I would audition them with your favorite, most speaker demanding cd/dvd's and let your ears make the final determination.

Polk RT-3000 Front(2)

CS-1000 Center(1)

FX-1000 Surround(2)

RT-35i Back(2)

Velodyne HGS-15' Subwoofer

Denon AVR-4802

Parasound HCA-2205AT (front, center and surround)

HCA-1000A (back)

Stephen Stewart

Auditioning
I also have complete Polks in a 5.1Ch setup and am VERY happy with them. They sound crisp to me for both movies and music. Like others said, some CD's sound better with the simple 2 Fronts working and others really sound great with all channels.

Westly T

Second Unit
I prefer bookshelf speakers in the rear to the specialized ones for all the new formats with discreet full range channels. I matched the driver setup all around, 2x 6.5's and 1xTri-Laminate Tweeter, RT800, CS400, RT55.

i also have a complete Polk set up at first i was not sure if i really liked the sound.I was using rt1000i,cs400i,fx500iand now i just added a set of fxi30 for my rears and also added the psw650 sub along with a mirage 10 inch sub. i have since calibrated with a spl meter and am just amazed with the 7.1 setup ran thur onkyo 898. air forceone in super bit rocked the whole house,and the depth charges in u571 well my chin just dropped to the floor.:D ,as for music Lenard coens deep voice came alive and the eagles hell freezes over,dvd, put it this way my wife had a surprise 40 th birthday party for me and this dvd was the star of the party.Polk has great speakers period

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
The depth charges are cool but my wife and I were crouching low to the ground when the germans fired the machine gun as the sub was submerging...I love a great DTS soundtrack!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks