What's new

Opening Night a success ! THANKS to ALL (1 Viewer)

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Hi everyone,

Here is the update.

Last night was the GRAND OPENING of our Home Theater. We had 5 adults 4 kids (Can you say crammed) but it was great the movie of course was Finding Nemo. I didn't realize that the sweet spot was in the middle of the room sitting on a pillow on the floor...LOL. I think we sent out to many invitations.

It was just like being at the theater candy and popcorn all over the place, all the shhhs and shushes from all the kids as well as adults.

I wanted to take this time to THANK EVERYONE !

I would like to say some special thanks as well (in no particular order)

Glenise - Always knows where to find anything ! The queen of HT accesories ! check out her work here : http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=112489

David Broome - For the help with my Mylar box. Look at his thread here: http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=164578 and this one about the mylar swap thred here http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=165035

Tom Reasor - For Getting me the Finding Nemo Medium Mylar visit him at www.moviemylars.com

Mike WH - for the party kit suggestion in this thread http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=164615

I would love to show some pictures but I don't know how to put them up on this site if anyone can help please let me know,thanks

Thanks Again Everyone.

Signed
Ed O'Neill

paul_r

Grip
Glad to hear it all went well do you have a pictures? I would love to see your theater.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Looking forward to seeing pictures Ed.
Also, I can't take the credit for thinking up the accessories list.
I can't think of the guys name but he started a list with about five items on it and I just added a whole bunch of stuff to it and went wild.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Like I said I would love to show pictures but how do I put them up on this site. I am not that computer savy.

Thanks
Ed

Glenise

Supporting Actor

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Ed, you need to find a place that'll host 'em. Usually your ISP alots you some webspace and you can put them there. Otherwise if you want to send them to me, I can put them up on my account and link to 'em for you.

Darren Mortensen

Stunt Coordinator
Ed,

Glad to hear all things went great! What a great show to use to open your theater with! We'll be waiting for pictures!:emoji_thumbsup:

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Ok

I will call comcast today to find out how to do this.

I don't really know hoe to make a webpage or anything like that but I will try

Thanks for the input

Signed
Ed

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Alright lets see if I made a webpage or not...lol

I put up a few pictures just to try it out. I will add more later if it works.

Here is the link.... I think ! :
http://home.comcast.net/~coin-opcollector/index.html
Please let me know if it works.

Signed
Ed

P.S. I just checked ....
Holly Sh_ t It works.... I actually did it ! ...Cool
Let me know what you guys think.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Thats weird

It worked for me my wife and my brother?

You got me let's see if anyone else has a problem.

Signed
Ed

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Website worked. But the pic's are really dark, can't really recognize much of what I'm looking at, but from what I can tell, it looks nice. Just wish I could see more of it.

Glenise

Supporting Actor
Maybe it has something to do with me trying to access the website from work.
The room looks cosy!
I'd like to see a bigger closeup of your mylar lighbox.
That thing looks huge!

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Lamarcus,
I am new to digital cameras and as you may have read above I have never done anything with a webpage. My wife said the same thing as you. I will try to work on it .I changed the background color maybe that will look better.

Glenise
It's actually quite small.The measurements are
14 1/2" W x 12" H x 3 1/2"D. I posted some more pictures of my light box.

Signed
Ed

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Excellent, amazing what changing the background does. Looks very cozy. What kinda couches are those? I see they have cup holders neat.:emoji_thumbsup:

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Lamarcus,

I honestly think I am the only one who has it. It isn't even on berklines website.

It's a berkline I beleive the model # is 762. It is actually a wall a way sectional minus the wedge. I bought this because as you may be able to see that I have limited space (12'6"). If I bought the berkline or any other brand I would have only been able to get 3 seats.

Here is the cool part the arms actually fold down they are 9"wide and as you noticed have cup holders. If you look at the picture of my son in front of the candy bowl that is where the two loveseats meet, so there is 2 arms side by side. These loveseats have recliners in them 2 each for a total of 4.Which is good for most nights. Now for opening night we put the arms up and we fit 4 adults and 4 kids on the loveseats. I had to sit on the floor..oh well.

If you or anyone is intrested in the exact details of my loveseats , or want to see close up pictures please let me know.I will look up the info for you.

Signed
Ed

Update here is the vendor stock # C682-77N

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I love the light box. You picked a good movie for opening nite. Getting family together for movie nite is one of our favorite things to do.

paul_r

Grip
Looks like you guys had a great time. Hopfully the next flick they will let you sit up on the sofa. Cool light box by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks