What's new

Open Season (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Teaser

[Chandler Bing Voice]Could the teaser-to-release gap BE any bigger?[/Chandler Bing Voice]

I had to do a double take when I first saw the release date on the teaser webpage. More than a 15 month wait! Is this the earliest release of a teaser that anyone can think of?

EDIT: Never mind. Pixar's releases...duh. The Incredibles and Cars being the most notable. How about non-animated features?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, the original Lord of the Rings teaser plugged all three movies, including one that was three years away. :)

And then there are the "Miramax won't f---ing release them" trailers. I recall seeing a preview for Shaolin Soccer attached to Spy Kids 2, but the movie didn't have its limited release until after #3, a year later. And I think that Zu Warriors has shown up on the schedule again, after trailers played a couple years or so ago.

On a similar note, did MGM/UA ever put out a Fantasticks trailer before they put that thing in the vault?

As to other trailers that were deliberately that early... Yeah, this seems to take the cake.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Nope. As I mentioned in my edit, The Incredibles and Cars were released pretty early too. The Incredibles teaser premiered when Finding Nemo came out in late May 2003 with a release date of November 2004. The teaser for Cars premiered with the release of The Incredibles, and Cars won't be released until June 2006.

Elizabeth S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Elizabeth S
OK, I was thinking of the Peter Fonda, "woman tied to the car roof" movie. . . ;)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Loved the deer with the bra, the not quite right duck and furry guy with the chainsaw(was that a beaver or woodchuck?)

Made me laugh.

Jace_A

Second Unit
They're already plugging the Da Vinci Code via teasers and I don't think a frame of the film has actually been shot as yet.

Chris Dugger

Supporting Actor
With the state of affairs within the film industry, you would think that the studios would be more worried about getting word out for the films coming out in the next 3 months instead of the next year and a half...

For those of you mentioning Cars... Remember, that was to be released this year... It got pushed for Chicken Little...

Dugger

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks