What's new

Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I think I saw Moderator controls briefly on the HTF! (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I opened a thread on the Audio/Video Sources board a few minutes ago, and saw options attached to every post that I had never seen before. Below each member's profile, there were icons for adding and removing a photo, and above the each member's post, there were icons for e-mailing the member, adding a smiley, banning a member, unbanning a member, and accessing the banned-member list. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the banned-member list icon (couldn't resist), and I was prompted to enter a username and password. I knew I was out of luck. Damn! ;) I am guessing that there was a server glitch that made Moderator controls visible to everyone because when I hit 'Refresh' a couple seconds later, the icons were gone. Is that what happened? Just curious. :)
EDIT: I realize my probing here could be considered evil, so it is fitting that this is post number 6666 for me. :)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Keith...Everything is O.K.
Where are you right now? Stay there. We will contact you. Are you alone? ;)

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Mmmmm. Apparently you saw only a tenth of our various buttons and functions. In fact, we can hardly see the posts. :)
Cees

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If the moderator controls appear again, just don't click that button that looks like a little red bomb.
Rumor has it that button causes the user to spontaneously combust.
KJP :)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Patrick: Do you know if Parker has finished working on the "Atomizer" failsafe script? Or is he still concerned about the liability issues of subatomically deconstructing persons who stumble across the moderator tool bars? He hasn't talked about it in at least two weeks. JB

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Probably just a bug encountered as Parker added the newest function, which is my favorite.
The icon:

Which switches off the processor cooling fan on the member's PC. Very helpful, I've used it three times today.
-Vince

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There's a lot of love here on the HTF.

Moral of the story: If you don't know what a button does while on the HTF, don't click on it!

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I saw the controls too. I ventured into the Testing forum to start locking and deleting threads when they were suddenly gone. :frowning:
Oh well. Better luck next time I guess. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks