What's new

Onkyo TX-SR703 Sub Output (1 Viewer)

Daniel K

Grip
Real Name
Daniel Koll
I just got an Onkyo TX-SR703. My sub is a velodyne CT-120. I made my own cable using RG6 with compression type RCA ends then a y adapter at the sub inputs. The run is probably around 25'. I noticed that the volume of the sub is not loud at all, I can't even get it to reach excursion limits unless the receiver is at insane levels. I checked all the receiver settings including...

Subwoofer...Yes
LFE...Dolby (highest level)
EQ...80hz (highest level)
Bass...(highest level)

On the back of the subwoofer I have the volume all the way up. Why is the sub so quiet? Is it because the cable is 75ohm and I am getting voltage drop from that resistance? Is there anything I can do so I don't have to keep everything at the highest level? Thanks

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
There is a channel selector were you can adjust the individual volume of each speaker including the sub. Also be sure that the double bass function is on. If it is on LFE only it will only work when an LFE channel is present. I would adjust the Sub level output on the receiver and set the bass to 0db. Use test tones to help match volume. Hope this helps. Note: On Onkyo receivers you can adjust the output of individual channels using your remote by pressing channel select untill you find the the channel you want to adjust. Also note the only way it will retain the settings is if you adjust the channel levels during test tones, at which point instead of using the channel select and channel + or -, you will be using the arrow keys on the setup D-pad.

Hope this helps.

Daniel K

Grip
Real Name
Daniel Koll
Ok, I had everything right except for the level calibration. I let the mic do that and it had the sub at -10, I put it at 0 and there is a huge difference now. Thanks

Seth=L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Seth L
Awesome, glad we found the solution. I am glad that your first post gave me all the info I needed to solve the problem, some of these other guys, me included have to re-explain our issues or we forget something, and you know it just runs round and round.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks