What's new

Onkyo TX-SR600 back to the store (2 Viewers)

Eric_M

Stunt Coordinator
WHen are the new Denons coming out. It might be best to wait for them.

Someone mentioned HK. I take it the issues they had have been worked out?

Tim_Speicher

Stunt Coordinator
So Tim you are getting it in DTS mode now?
Eric,

I did experience the pop when watching Seven using the DTS track. However, I also tried watch F&F (using DTS) and did not get the pop between the layer change. I think it may have to do with how quickly the receiver recognized the audio format. With F&F, it seems much quicker than on Seven, hence the lack of the pop?

Either way, I doubt I'll ever find out, as I ended up taking the receiver back to my local C.C. to exchange it with a HK AVR320 that I'm demoing at the moment.

-Tim

StephenZ

Grip
I am setting up the Onkyo 600 with JBL NSP1-PB10 for the VP of my company. He really likes Onkyo but now I am not sure what DVD player to spec. out.
For those of you not having issues with pops and such, would you please list the DVD player. I am looking for something in the $200 range.
Thanks.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
chad, et al -
what was your impression of the power capability of the 600. did it feel low to you? i'm asking for "real world" analysis, etc. i see tim already chimed in here...i asked him the same thing on his post about returning it. :)
i'm just curious about the rumored lower-than-advertised power rating issue with these onkyos.
ted

Sean O'Brien

Auditioning
I have had my 600 for about a month now. I watched "The Others" this past weekend with NO PROBLEMS. BTW I was using my good ol APEX AD-600A :)
I love my Onkyo (this is my 3rd receiver in 10 years, just switched from a Yammy I got when DD (AC-3 is what it says on it which will giva you an indication of its age) first came out!) and a Pioneer before that. I am using JBL HLS speakers for the fronts (LCR) but had to get some VERY small sats for the rears (to keep the wife happy). I have a very large living room that opens into the kitchen and a couple of hallways. My system has no problem filling the room with sound. The only time I've ever had it up past 65 was when watching "The Others". That is a DAMN quiet movie during most of the dialog scenes.
Sean
Onkyo TX-SR600 Receiver
JBL HLS (LCR) Speakers
APEX AD-600A DVD player

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Stephen,

I'm using my Onkyo 600 with a Sony DVP300 (originally about $170), and it has performed perfectly in my system (no pops, dropouts, etc). Sony has since come out with the newer version (DVP315, available in either silver or black) and it sells for $150. Circuit City generally has the black ones in stock, and either color can be ordered online from SonyDirect. I think they're even running a 5-free DVD special if you order direct from them. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks