Little sound from my Sub??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mindain, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Mindain

Mindain Extra

I went to the store the other day and picked up a klipsch ksw-10 sub. When I got home and hooked it up I could barely hear the sub. I have my reciever crossover set to 80khz and my sub crossover is maxed. I have the phase set to 180 and im using the red/white connection o the back of the sub via a y splitter and its hooked up to the reciever through the sub out. All speakers are set to small. Im using a Tx-SR600. I noticed it is especially low on analog sources such as movies on my digital cable box that are only pro logic rather than digital. Anyone have any advice?
    My subwoofer option in the reciever is set to on. Also does anyone know if my onkyo has any LFE settings on it?
    Thanks

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

The only things not mentioned are the "SUB LEVEL" in the rec., or the sub's own volume control. If either one isn't proper, sound would be affected in all modes, so it sounds like it's just the analog sources.

I often add 3 to 6 db of sub level for regular TV, etc. DVD's get reference settings.

3. Mindain

Mindain Extra

I have my sub level set pretty high 8 out of 11. My sub lvl on my reciever is set to +5. Im not quite sure what refrence settings is?
    The sub sounds really good in Dolby Digital but seems very weak in pro logic II.
    Thanks again

4. elMalloc

elMalloc Supporting Actor

I've noticed with my harman kardon, most sources that aren't encoded for DPL2 have a lower volume. It's taking a stereo source (possibly with no subwoofer channel?) and trying to make a subwoofer channel and 4 other speakers - it can't really get it right I guess.

If DD and DTS are fine (DTS may be slightly lower in volume) I wouldn't worry much.
    -ELmO

5. Mindain

Mindain Extra

Yea my DTS and DD work perfect the sub sounds awesome in those modes just on the analog I have found that it sounds weak.

6. Mindain

Mindain Extra

Yea my DTS and DD work perfect the sub sounds awesome in those modes just on the analog I have found that it sounds weak.

7. Mindain

Mindain Extra