What's new

Onkyo LS-T10 soundbar dead (not turning on) (1 Viewer)

TeddyCuoreDolce

Auditioning
Real Name
Dino Stupi
Hey all,
I have this Onkyo LS-T10 soundbar since a good while now, but in the past few days it has decided to stop turning on.
Not just when i turn on the tv (usually wakes up automatically with the tv audio cable signal) but even with the on/off button on the front.
Nothing special has happened and the unit is behind UPS so spikes in current are unlikely.
What I noticed is that my toddler was walking around it lately and leaning on it while trying to stand, so I thought he might have long-pressed some buttons and engaged some kind of "lock" mode.
I then tried long-pressing myself several button combination (including this weird one requiring to press buttons when the power brick unplugged) but nothing worked so far.
Another attempt was to test the power brick itself with a multimeter, but I couldnt find any anomaly there.
The problem I have debugging this device is that the front are touch and dont give any feedback, so I cant even tell if the button press is registered or not.

Any advice on what to try to see if my unit is really-really dead?

Thanks!

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Welcome!

My guess is it's some sort of power issue. I know you said you tested the power brick but possibly the power connection on the actual unit was damaged? Have you tried holding it in place to see if power is received, even temporarily? That might be revealing but, either way you'll probably end up having to replace it unless you're really handy and can get inside to take a closer look.

TeddyCuoreDolce

Auditioning
Real Name
Dino Stupi
hey! Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have tried wiggling the power plug around. Both plug and socket seem sturdy with no sign of damage or loose parts.
I think I will try buying a new power brick to see if that helps

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
hey! Thanks for the reply.
Yes I have tried wiggling the power plug around. Both plug and socket seem sturdy with no sign of damage or loose parts.
I think I will try buying a new power brick to see if that helps

No problem at all. If you measured the correct voltage [21 VDC I believe] with a multimeter then that should not be the issue.

I found this replacement [no power brick] on eBay for a price that's not all that more than what you'll likely pay for the power brick alone.

Also found the manual if you don't already have it. Have you tried this step from page 16?

1602038338027.png

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks