What's new

Onkyo HT-S330 or Sony HTSS360? (1 Viewer)

If HTiB is the decision I make, it's between these two. If I don't necessarily plan on upgrading the speakers, should I still go with the Onkyo?

I'm not really looking to spend above where the Onkyo is hovering (around $330), and unless I'm mistaken, the PS3 Slim will handle any decoding needs. I have a Sony HTiB now (DAV-C770) and it does a decent job for the room size, but what with my victory in the war of wife vs. new equipment, I need an upgraded compliment to what will most likely be a Panny TCP58V10.

Yay? Nay?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
Did you mean the Onkyo HT-S3300 htib? the 330 is a 5.1 speaker package.

The 3300 does decode the new HD audio formats but the Sony 360 accepts LPCM from BR players with it's own internal decoder.

Most around here would recommend the Onkyo. It has a real receiver even if it's an entry level one, and is HDMI vs. 1.4 for future needs and has Audyssey automatic setup and room correction. The big issue with both of these systems is they have a passive sub woofer.

Yes, I did mean the S3300. Noticed the omission after I posted.

I'm not too concerned with a passive subwoofer, and this system would really just be to support my new Blu-ray habit. Again, my current Sony system does the job, and I do plan on building a dedicated home theater room eventually, but for now, HDMI support and decent sound is really what I'm after.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buda
Recent bookmarks