What's new

on the hunt for new cables (good looking ones) (1 Viewer)

Leif Wall

Second Unit
I've been contemplating on getting new cables for my system. I've been using Monster since I got into HT back in '99 and thought maybe it's time for a change since I've been upgrading everything. I've checked out a few sites from people mentioning different manufacturers in other posts. Such as Bettercables, Catcables, etc... One thing I've noticed (esp. with Better Cables) is that they're really ugly. (no offense to anyone that likes the looks of them) I'm sure they perform great, but physical appearance also matters to me. Cat Cables didn't look too bad I guess.

Anyone have any suggestions of good performing/good looking cables? Not looking for the $200 a cable variety either as that is out of my price range. Something similiar to Monster/Better/Cat is what I'm looking for. Open to all suggestions except making my own.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
so ya want some good looking cables me bucko. somethin with a little chrome? that understated european 'old money' look? american nouveaux riche? just kidding. why not head on over to ebay and do a search...you'll find some prices and pictures.

Kevin McCurdy

Stunt Coordinator
If your looking for interconnects, check out the Outlaw audio interconnect cables. They're low priced and look pretty good.

DavidMich

Stunt Coordinator
Go to the Hardware For Sale Section, and check out Kevin Coleman's post. (His email address is at the bottom of it)

He can make any type cable you desire.

He made some beautiful cables for me, and the quality is great.

He can make them for you, too!

And the price can't be beat!

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
Or search eBay for "Canare", and look at the cables old by Dan Kaps. I think his website is www.heartlandcables.com or something like that. I thought they looked pretty, and you can get your choice of colors too.

Mark Rich

Second Unit
Try Rhinocables.com Diycable.com Bolercables.comCatcables.com or if you want the typical Canare stuff try cobaltcables.com heartlandcables.comKustomcables.com or one of the numerous E-bay sellers

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks