What's new

On line (1 Viewer)

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
How do you guys feel about buying through ebay? I found a refurbed Pioneer 59txi but I'm too scared that I'll get screwed. It says it has a Pioneer warranty still. How about buying electronics in general?

Justin*Smith

Agent
Look at Pioneer's website. It says that selling on ebay is unauthorized for any Pioneer dealers. Your warranty will not be good through them. If you find something you like, check out the company's homepage and see which online dealers are authorized.

MikeNg

Second Unit
Buyer beware definitely. I only purchase from eBay if the price differential makes it worth the risk. To be honest, sometimes it pays off big, sometimes you get burned.

Taking a quick peek at the auctions, one of them says it has a warranty through the seller, NOT Pioneer Elite. THAT is a BIG difference IMO. If you really want an Elite, I'd buy it through an authorized Elite seller, and pay a little extra knowing you will have SERVICE if/when you need it. My $.02.

Mike

DavidNighorn

Stunt Coordinator
Audiogon seems to be a safer place to go. It is mostly populated with AV enthusiasts and seems to have a low fraud rate.

David

DorianBryant

Screenwriter
I have bought and sold tons of A/V gear on E-bay. You just have to use common sense. For high dollar items, makes sure everything is insured and use escrow or buyer credit through pp. I have never been burned in the sense of getting broken gear. Ask questions and realize if a $3000 receiver is listed for a buy it now of $500-then something is wrong...

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Most large electronics companies are now selling refurbed gear through ebay, which I believe includes Pioneer. I bought a HK 430 last year through their ebay store and it had a problem of randomly turning itself off. I contacted HK, they paid the shipping, and sent me a replacement. I'd bid with confidence when going through the companies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks