What's new

Pre-Order On A Clear Day You Can See Forever (1970) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I just got the copy I ordered from BullMoose and it's a pressed disc. I only had time to skim through, but it's not a new remaster unfortunately. Probably from the DVD era, It looks pretty good, just not great.

Thank you for confirming. I guess that's generally what we can expect from Paramount's MOD line. I'll stick with my iTunes HD digital for On On a Clear Day.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I just got the copy I ordered from BullMoose and it's a pressed disc. I only had time to skim through, but it's not a new remaster unfortunately. Probably from the DVD era, It looks pretty good, just not great.

How is the sound? It says it has a restored monoaural track? And the 5.1 DTS must be new too?

John Skoda

Second Unit
How is the sound? It says it has a restored monoaural track? And the 5.1 DTS must be new too?

The mono track sounds fine. But the stereo track is strange. On the stereo track (which I believe was created for home video) when any singing starts, the voices take on an excessive full recording studio reverb, sounding completely unlike the rest of the film. The songs never had this kind of reverb even on the album.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I just got through watching this new blu-ray. It is nice and sharp, except for opticals (as to be expected). If this were a 35mm print, I would be thrilled. And this is not at all a complaint - just an observation - but it looks to me like nothing was done to it, it looks like a scan of a very good print. It just took me by surprise a bit because I have gotten so used to a perfectly stable image and not a speck of dust. So I was surprised to see gate weave (or some kind of very slight instability) and the very occasional speckle and minor blemish. Very watchable, and I didn't even think about it after a few minutes.

The other thing I noticed is that the package states that the second audio track is the restored original mono track. I had to listen over earphones to confirm, but it is definitely stereo on that second audio track.

Nonetheless, I still see it as an upgrade from DVD (which is very good IMO as DVDs go).

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
The mono track sounds fine. But the stereo track is strange. On the stereo track (which I believe was created for home video) when any singing starts, the voices take on an excessive full recording studio reverb, sounding completely unlike the rest of the film. The songs never had this kind of reverb even on the album.

I agree about the reverb on the 5.1 track. Listen to the other track on earphones; I am hearing stereo.

RetroGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Edwards
I had ordered this from Amazon and received a burned disc. This was the first burned blu-ray that I had ever purchased. It froze up in a few spots and then would jump ahead by about 15 seconds. After hearing that one could order a pressed disc through Bull Moose (thank you, Hank E!), I placed an order with them and have returned my defective disc to Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks