What's new

On A Clear Day You Can See Forever Blu-ray May 26, 2020 (1 Viewer)

babsdude

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
I never thought I'd see this day ... ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER (1970) is due out on Blu-ray on May 26, 2020. Does anyone have a press release or info? I'd love to know the details on this release. Here's the Amazon link ......

https://****/2KrxULM

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
I never thought I'd see this day ... ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN SEE FOREVER (1970) is due out on Blu-ray on May 26, 2020. Does anyone have a press release or info? I'd love to know the details on this release. Here's the Amazon link ......

https://****/2KrxULM

As far as info, who knows? To the best of my knowledge, this is coming out through Paramount's MOD line (and early estimates are that it is a BD-R, so don't get too excited about it yet).

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I still remember Robert Goulet’s version of the title song getting lots of radio play. OMG, did i just say that. Robert Goulet got radio air time?

babsdude

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
469864A4-F7BD-4A0D-91FB-BBD0BA8BC33F.jpeg

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
On a Clear Day and Paint Your Wagon. Saw them both in theaters and on disk. Never want to see either of them ever again. One killed off Vincente Minelli's career, the other did the same for Josha Logan. Talk about bombs!

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
On a Clear Day and Paint Your Wagon. Saw them both in theaters and on disk. Never want to see either of them ever again. One killed off Vincente Minelli's career, the other did the same for Josha Logan. Talk about bombs!
It would be interesting to see Paint Your Wagon again, just to hear Clint talk to the trees again. <_<:lol: This movie is just another example of how Hollywood likes to cast for star power in musicals, and singing talent be damned.

RichMurphy

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rich
I remember seeing Paint Your Wagon at the movies in Annandale, Virginia during high school with a good friend who unfortunately had a very distinctive and loud laugh. Try as he did to stifle his laughs, several times he couldn't hold it in and we decided to leave when Clint started warbling "I Talk to the Trees" before we were thrown out.

A few years ago, City Center Encores in New York staged Paint Your Wagon. While not a great musical, it was much more tolerable with talented singers and no overblown production. Attached is a clip from the show, with Keith Carradine and Justin Guarini in the Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood roles.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I remember seeing Paint Your Wagon at the movies in Annandale, Virginia during high school with a good friend who unfortunately had a very distinctive and loud laugh. Try as he did to stifle his laughs, several times he couldn't hold it in and we decided to leave when Clint started warbling "I Talk to the Trees" before we were thrown out.

A few years ago, City Center Encores in New York staged Paint Your Wagon. While not a great musical, it was much more tolerable with talented singers and no overblown production. Attached is a clip from the show, with Keith Carradine and Justin Guarini in the Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood roles.

Wait! What? You mean you can cast a musical with actors who can sing? :P

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan

Oh I dunno, I think Josha Logan was past it when he made Paint Your Wagon (& I don't think he did a great job with Camelot either). Twenty million dollars seems a hell of a budget for 1969, maybe the film got away from him, it lost money on release anyway. I never fancied seeing it, & then last year I thought, let's give it a try & bought the DVD...& I really liked it, although it would be nothing without Lee Marvin. I hope it gets a Blu-ray release, this seems to be the year for Paramount catalogue releases.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
So is the way you can tell a blu ray disc is MOD because the packaging doesn't use the blu ray logo and just says Blu Ray disc on the packaging like On A Clear Day does?

1588068410846.png

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Mustn't get off subject but have never been able to track down any figures for PYW.
It did huge business in the UK and I think here in Australia too.
I get the impression that the then owner of the studio got his hands on the revenue.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
So is the way you can tell a blu ray disc is MOD because the packaging doesn't use the blu ray logo and just says Blu Ray disc on the packaging like On A Clear Day does?

View attachment 71832
I believe so, because BD-Rs aren't "strictly compliant" with the BD spec and therefore cannot display the Blu-ray Disc logo. I'm willing to be corrected if someone can tell me otherwise. I think it's something weird like what happened with DualDisc [remember those?]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks