What's new

Oldest piece of equipement in your HT (1 Viewer)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Toshiba SD-2109 DVD player - December 1999 - Still going strong. They will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers...
--
Holadem

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
RCA SelectaVision stereo CED Videodisc player (model SGT-250), manufactured August 1982! I swear this thing is built like a tank! Yes, I watch stuff on it often too, I have about 1100 discs so far and am still trying to get every title ever put out- been collecting them since 1993 as sort of an extension of my 8-track tape collecting hobby.
2nd oldest is a Zenith VHS Hi-Fi VCR, (manufactured by JVC) which I won in 1987. It's only been to the shop once for a cleaning, though it doesn't get nearly as much use as it used to (it's one of two VHS decks, I have a Beta too which is probably around the same age that I bought used.)

JohnAD

Senior HTF Member
My oldest is my RCA VCR (not sure which model), which I got in 1992. Still plays and records pretty well, but is in semi-retirement since I got my first DVD player in 1999.

John.

KyleS

Screenwriter
Would have to be my Integra CDC-3 6 disc CD player which is probably 3 years old? Now if you are talking in my house then I have an old 25" Zenith in the bedroom that I have had for the past 15 years and its still clunking away :b
Now all I need is the money for a new plasma for the bedroom. Anyone have an extra 5 grand to give away so that I can buy a Sony 50" plasma from my works employee program?

KyleS

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If you mean stuff that still works, that would be the Mitsubishi 26" TV I got in late '87 or early '88. It is in my "small" living room system. In my main system, it would be another Mitsubishi TV. A 45" RPTV from January '90. I also have a Mitsubishi S-VHS VCR and Pioneer LD player (still my primary one) that are both over 10 years old. Hey, if something gets the job done, I keep using it until it doesn't work any more.

BTW, that first Mitsubishi has been from Texas to Washington State to Connecticut to Colorado, and in two different places in both Washington and Colorado. What's more, I have had the RPTV in all those places as well except Texas

Mark Tranchant

Stunt Coordinator
First, but not currently in use, would be my Goldring Lenco 88 record deck. I don't know exactly when mine was made, but it was reviewed in a 1963 issue of Gramophone magazine.

Oldest equipment currently in use would be my Wharfedale Diamond IV speakers, bought in 1990.

Reece

Stunt Coordinator
A 19' Sony TV that I bought back in 90'. One of the first with s-video. Still running great. Big-ups to Sony for that.

Users who are viewing this thread