What's new

Ok, what's up with the Crouching Tiger Mountain Dew ads? (1 Viewer)

RicP

Screenwriter
Anyone else see this one? I've been bombarded with it over the last 6 hours.

It's a virtually perfect recreation of the first courtyard fight scene with two women fighting over a can of Mountain Dew ala "Crouching Tiger"

Hokey I believe is the term I was looking for.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
It's superbowl 'ad season'. Most weird/good ads come out around this time. Too bad there's no more adcritic.com I would like to check that one out soon.

Scott Hayes

Second Unit
I like how at the end they put the little disclaimer stating they are not affiliated with any movie.:D Instead they just ride its coat tails.

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
I thought this was a fairly old commercial. I've seen it quite a few times. Nothing really wrong with it...it was fairly well done.

Bruce

Michael*K

Screenwriter
Yeah, this commercial has been on for quite some time. I thought it was a fairly well done parody. Definitely better than the lame "spaceship" Mountain Dew commercial that they were showing for a while in movie theaters.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
This commercial has been out since Crouching Tiger was released on DVD. I find it about as silly looking as the movie, even though there is "supposedly" no relation between the two.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Think about it, this commerical has been out for over a year! That's got to be some sort of record in the advertising world (short attention spanners).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks