What's new

OK, what am I doing wrong here? (HTML-related question) (1 Viewer)

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
I decided to create a table layout for my entry in the 2002 Film List thread. So I took a part of the table I made in Notepad and pasted it into a thread in the Test area, and I got this:
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...42#post1106739
Now, I've dealt with tables before, but I've never come across a problem where there was such a huge gap before the table appeared. Can someone please enlighten me as to what I am doing wrong?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brian E

Screenwriter
I think it has something to do with thw forum software, but I'm not sure. I posted a table in a thread in the retail area and the same thing happend to me.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Kevin, I had the same problem when doing a table for my 2002 film list. About the only thing I found that works is the following:

(SPAN style="font-size: 0pt;") [substitute for ()]

Place this before the (table) line and it should shrink up some of that blank space. Hope it works out for you.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Ah, many thanks John. :)
I've messaged Mr. Clack about this; maybe he can add a note about tables somewhere.

Kevin Leonard

Supporting Actor
Oh, great: now more problems.:frowning:
So I posted the list, and I had the same huge gap, even after taking John's advice.
And on top of that, I have various lines after the table that are completely garbled. Now I'm lost. I think it has to be the software the forum is using, because I'm previewing it in IE and it looks fine.
EDIT: One problem down, a couple more to go...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks