ok, its loud, real loud

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by DanNeuenswander, Feb 4, 2005.

1. DanNeuenswander

DanNeuenswander Auditioning

I have my components installed, first timer, first home theater. The prob is, when I crank it up the entire house knows it... what can I do to sound proof the room, right now I have 4 walls and hardwood floors, no windows 1 36 inch entry opening (no door). The room dimensions are 12feet wideX 17feet deep. Components are Mitsu 62" DLP, Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, Pioneer AV59 DVD, Martin Logan Prodigy' and Sunfire Sig Series Sub. plus more

below is a pic of the components, basic setup, haven't routed wires yet[​IMG] I'm thinking curtains ? any ideas ?

2. DanNeuenswander

DanNeuenswander Auditioning

I guess it takes a week or so for an answer here ???

3. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

well its kinda hard to give you an answer your gonna like.... tear off drywall, put insulation in the walls, cover the studs with 90lb roof felt and then drywall back over that with a double layer of drywall, and buy a solid core door and close that opening up

4. SteveCallas

SteveCallas Second Unit

Yeah, if the walls are already finished, you're pretty much screwed.

5. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

It might have something to do with your house being in a stasis bubble. I'm pretty sure sound travels differently in one of those. Five hours to us equals a week to you

Ok now seriously. The two main problems you have are the open door and the hardwood floor. Solid core door and carpeting will help.

You could also put up isolations strips and another layer of drywall instead of ripping out the existing drywall.

Curtains are not very good at soundproofing just sound tweaking. Like absorbing echo.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...olation+strips