What's new
World Wide Stereo

ok, its loud, real loud (1 Viewer)

DanNeuenswander

Auditioning
I have my components installed, first timer, first home theater. The prob is, when I crank it up the entire house knows it... what can I do to sound proof the room, right now I have 4 walls and hardwood floors, no windows 1 36 inch entry opening (no door). The room dimensions are 12feet wideX 17feet deep. Components are Mitsu 62" DLP, Sunfire Ultimate Receiver, Pioneer AV59 DVD, Martin Logan Prodigy' and Sunfire Sig Series Sub. plus more

below is a pic of the components, basic setup, haven't routed wires yet:frowning: I'm thinking curtains ? any ideas ?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Travis_R

Stunt Coordinator
well its kinda hard to give you an answer your gonna like.... tear off drywall, put insulation in the walls, cover the studs with 90lb roof felt and then drywall back over that with a double layer of drywall, and buy a solid core door and close that opening up

BlakeN

Stunt Coordinator
It might have something to do with your house being in a stasis bubble. I'm pretty sure sound travels differently in one of those. Five hours to us equals a week to you

Ok now seriously. The two main problems you have are the open door and the hardwood floor. Solid core door and carpeting will help.

You could also put up isolations strips and another layer of drywall instead of ripping out the existing drywall.

Curtains are not very good at soundproofing just sound tweaking. Like absorbing echo.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...olation+strips

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks