Oh No! Pink Panther set postponed indefinitely!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Gary OS, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Crud! The Digital Bits is reporting that the Pink Panther Cartoon set scheduled for release on 7/26 has been delayed until further notice! I don't want to panic, but that's not good news!!

Gary "first the Superman set is postponed, and now this one too - why is it that all the good stuff I want gets this kind of treatment?" O.

2. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

I'm still waiting on that Mr. Magoo set to get rescheduled and there has been nothing on that either. I wonder what the problem was with the Pink Panther set.

Paul

3. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    The Digital Bits postulated that this had something to do with Sony now owning the MGM library. Don't know...

Gary "I just hate the 'delayed until further notice' part - it's one thing for a release date to be changed, but another thing for a company to completely take a set like this off the schedule indefinitely" O.

P.S. Yes, just like the Mr. Magoo set.

4. Chris S

Chris S Cinematographer

Chris S
    [​IMG]

What?! This was all but a done deal. Just a week or two ago the cover art was released and everything. Why would Sony pull the plug on this when it seems the entire set was complete and ready to go? This stinks!

[​IMG]

5. AlexF

AlexF Supporting Actor

Alex
    I'd be willing to bet that this has something to do with the new Steve Martin PP movie being postponed to Feb 2006 now.

The quote I read on CNN was:

"With the recent acquisition of MGM, we wanted to give our marketing department the time and opportunity to launch this very important franchise... We've seen the movie, and we really love this film. It's a franchise we believe in and are really excited about, and Steve Martin is great as Clouseau."

6. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson

Superman set? Are you talking about the Fleischer Supermans? Could they be getting a remaster???

7. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    No, I was referring to the "Adventures of Superman" set that originally was scheduled to come out yesterday, but got pushed back indefinitely.

Gary "I hate it when you get your hopes geared up on a certain date and then the companies pull this stuff" O.

8. Paul Miller

Paul Miller Supporting Actor

I don't know if this has changed but the Pink Panther was scheduled to come to Boomerang on June 27th.

Paul