What's new

Oh No! Pink Panther set postponed indefinitely! (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Crud! The Digital Bits is reporting that the Pink Panther Cartoon set scheduled for release on 7/26 has been delayed until further notice! I don't want to panic, but that's not good news!!

Gary "first the Superman set is postponed, and now this one too - why is it that all the good stuff I want gets this kind of treatment?" O.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I'm still waiting on that Mr. Magoo set to get rescheduled and there has been nothing on that either. I wonder what the problem was with the Pink Panther set.

Paul

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The Digital Bits postulated that this had something to do with Sony now owning the MGM library. Don't know...

Gary "I just hate the 'delayed until further notice' part - it's one thing for a release date to be changed, but another thing for a company to completely take a set like this off the schedule indefinitely" O.

P.S. Yes, just like the Mr. Magoo set.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
:frowning:

What?! This was all but a done deal. Just a week or two ago the cover art was released and everything. Why would Sony pull the plug on this when it seems the entire set was complete and ready to go? This stinks!

:frowning:

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
I'd be willing to bet that this has something to do with the new Steve Martin PP movie being postponed to Feb 2006 now.

The quote I read on CNN was:

"With the recent acquisition of MGM, we wanted to give our marketing department the time and opportunity to launch this very important franchise... We've seen the movie, and we really love this film. It's a franchise we believe in and are really excited about, and Steve Martin is great as Clouseau."

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
No, I was referring to the "Adventures of Superman" set that originally was scheduled to come out yesterday, but got pushed back indefinitely.

Gary "I hate it when you get your hopes geared up on a certain date and then the companies pull this stuff" O.

Paul Miller

Supporting Actor
I don't know if this has changed but the Pink Panther was scheduled to come to Boomerang on June 27th.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks