What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Oh man, don't tell me I have to map out the whole sea chart!!

I went and got the Triforce map at Outset first and I got curious and went into the second light down in the holes and had to kill everything all over again, that got so damn repettetive it pissed me off, it was chart 6 so I guess they get harder as you get up to chart 8.

Anyways I thought I saw the formation on chart 6 deicphered on the sea chart but I was wrong (it wasn't even a filled in square just some ambient shadow on the square) and it ended up being chart 1 "LoL."

Do I in fact have to map everything out? With my luck..yes..

-Bert

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm not sure that you HAVE to, but I have. And yes it takes forever. I've got them all mapped but I don't have them all explored...i'm on the last column.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Well just finished it tonight. I don't know what I was expecting for the ending but I was kinda "oh well another game done." I don't know, the endings of games on these latest consoles just aren't doing anything to me compared to endings of simpler games in the days of the NES and SNES. It was definitely fun (except for all that stupid sailing around).

The music was really great. I love the old-school zelda tunes. The graphics, while different, I thought could still have used some work in some places. The textures on some objects just weren't very good. I'm also getting tired of the boxy objects. These machines are getting faster and faster, its about time we start seeing some ROUND objects and things that don't end in sharp points.

I thought the kiddie-ness of the whole thing really worked.

I too think Ganon is a great badguy. I am now wanting to know more of Ganon's past. How did he become the monster he is today...how about a "Legend of Ganon" game :)

So is the ending different if you beat it twice? Is it worth the time?

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Huh, that's too bad, Mike. I'm kind of surprised, I thought that was one of the better endings I've seen of late. It certainly promises to take the series in a whole new direction if they follow through and have the next game based on this one.

Game endings have often been crap though, since the NES days. And the days before that. Now that games can actually contain fancy endings it's ridiculous that more of them throw out very little by way of payoff.

I don't find them any better or worse.

Though nothing has ever come close to the brilliance of: "The gangs all went back to school and became honors students."

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Oddly enough, my logging of time is all qwerky, I have noticed that every time I fire Zelda up and choose my file, the time descends, I think it started at 25 hours and now it's at like 16 or something, it's strange, I have definitely spent more than 9 hrs. with this game..

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Another thing that bugs me about it was:

I'm getting so tired of the "refight bosses from the past at the end of the games". Instead of coming up with something more original they just rehash what you've already done. Its almost as bad as having to fight yourself. "Only in conquering your inner demons will you know the true path to greatness" or something stupid like that. Thank god they didn't pull that junk in this Zelda. Don't get me wrong...I thought it was cool tagteaming with Zelda at the end. And I thought it was cool when Ganon's head got the sword slammed in it and it turned to rock, basically setup to be pulled back out by some other stupid little elf thereby releasing Ganon yet again. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Would it had been to hard to toss one of the 99 bombs I had at the statue and blow it up into a million pieces and keep the sword? I guess the problem is I'm tired of them trying so hard to do a good ending and also set it up for more sequels. They should look at each game on its own instead of trying to leave it open each time.

If you think about it each zelda game sequel is basically the same exact game with some little item twist tossed in to make it look new. How about a new master bad guy with a new plot? I guess I just want something new instead of the same old rehashing of the same basic story line. Same thing goes for Mario games.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Bert it keeps track of time? I always thought that was just the last time I saved...I'll have to look at mine again.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
The floating shop around Rocky Spire Island that's selling the bottle, heart container, and treasure chart. Does it actually leave and never return after the one week that the owner says? I'm trying to buy everything from there before it closes but I'm wondering if that's just, say, a lie or not and I don't need to bust my hump sinking ships and dredging treasures. Thanks to anybody who knows!
Anybody have the answer to this question?

That's all the help I need. It's pretty easy so far.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
No, but when you talk to him, he tells you how many days you have left. I'd err on the side of caution and buy what you need before that many days pass.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I bought some of the stuff after the days were up I'm sure. He told me he had reopened after remodeling or something like that.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I bought the bottle and the heart container before he closed, but I couldn't earn another 900 to buy the map. I went back after her remodelled and he had the map. I don't think you can lose out. It is after all a Nintendo/Miyamoto game.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I bought the bottle with 7 days left, and went back after getting enough ruppees, when he told me he had reopened, and bought the Heart and Map from him.

David Dennison

Second Unit
I have finished the earth and wind dungeons and found all of the triforce maps. I am trying to complete some of the sidequests before the end. I am stumped with the new rich girl on Windfall Island (Maggie? on second floor of rich guys house). She gave me a letter to send which I did to her love interest, Moe, on Forsaken Fortress. Then I caught a conversation between her father and the postman, and her father clearly won't let her receive any letters. What do I have to do now? I tried going to Forsaken Fortress, but found no sign of any Moe.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Can anyone tell me what I have to do to "guide the boat in the darkness" for getting one of the Triforce charts. I tried blowing those pots that float up when you're far away from them from the water on the King but nothing seemed to trigger.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks