What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Don, the section after that part is sometimes insane, more difficult, and ALSO a helluva lot of fun ;).

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Mark and Don, that "dungeon" was very very easy:

Use your grappling hook to steal items from monsters that don't move a lot or don't see you yet, keep hooking them until they don't give up anything else. I had 4 bottles of fairies and didn't need to use a single one. It got close a few times but I managed to finish off the room and the next one was always a slow moving bad guy room that let me fill back up.

But man talk about chop/slowdown at times...

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
How far am I, I am outside the Wind Temple, have yet to enter as I saved once I beat the eart temple. How many more hours do I have left?

I did not know Tingles was mandatory, I still have not freed him as I did not know how "lol." My friend says you need him to find out where the pieces are, and isn't that mandatory to beat the game, to find those pieces; ergo, you do need Tingles..damnit..

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Next time I play the game...
I am not freeing that son-of-a-bitch Tingle. I don't care if I can't finish the game... I am not letting that slave-driver loose on his brothers.

The funniest thing in the entire game is going to Tingle Island before you set him free and having the "brothers" tell you not to let him out of prison ;) One of them also tells the story of how he is not really Tingle's brother at all... but got into a storm while on a ship and "woke up dressed like this!" :laugh: :laugh:

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Beat the game last night! Woo! I'm going to play again, this time trying to complete the Nintendo Gallery, getting all the treasure maps and hearts, etc...

Mark Giles

Second Unit
I Need one more peice of the triforce please help me find the map...
It's the one that is on the first column and about 5 down on the map...probably at A-5. It's where the 6 torches are under ground that you light. The sign said light, then guide some boat...Well I lit the six and a chest appeared. But where is the map? My In-Credible Map says there is still a triforce map there. Any suggestions?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mark, that clue was a real pisser.

You actually have to go into the water around the island and sink the gold attack boat. There should be two others, but you have to sink that one. Then, you have to grapple the map up as you would any other treasure.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Just finished this about ten minutes ago. What a phenomenal ending! I've got to say that overall I enjoyed this more than Ocarina of Time. Definitely the best ending of any Zelda game yet, I was really surprised by some of the twists and turns. Ganon is one of the most well-developed villains in a long while.

Say what you will about the look, but I found the ending of this one surprisingly poignant and mature. Very satisfied.

Clever final battles too, especially the one where you have to basically make use of the Cube's graphics capabilities in order to take the boss down ;).

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Today I spent about 3 hours beating the Wind Temple..man..I know now that I have to collect the 8 pieces using the map that I was supposed to recieve via mail, the problem is I went to get the mail but only had 1 letter, a letter with 20 ruppees from a friend at the mail post from Dragon Roost Island?

I also just freed Tingle (after I beat the Wind Temple) so is there anything I need to do to trigger the letter to be sent with the map chart?

Appreciated :).

-Bert

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I still don't know how to change day into night or vice verca, nor did I know mail comes with the significance of a new day, thanks.

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Actually Bert, you need to visit Tingle at the island in order to get the map. At least that's what I had to do in order to trigger it.

The ability to alter night/day can be found on Windfall Island. Hail to the king, baby! ;)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Thanks Mark. I tried to get to his island but I had no luck, that ghetto peice of trash crayon map..

I know I get night/day at Windfall, just how, I whip out my Waker and the dancing jackass just has an orgasm because I have it and tells me to keep playing it, what do I play?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Bert

just pull out your wand and let it chime 3 times on the center...in other words don't touch it when standing in from of elvis. He'll then be happy and do another dance showing you the directions to press

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks