What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
John, always think of significance of the items people give you. In this case, the bottle..

Fill the bottle with water and pour it on a dried up bomb and blow up the rock at the entrance where you threw the "girl" up

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I myself need help, I am searching for the power behind the Master Sword to restore it

and I cannot get into either of gateways in North and South, I assume for the southern one I need to find the malice gloves but don't know where, I'm just told to talk to people in surrounding islands..yay..

I also need to know where the Deku Tree is in relevance to either Windfall Island, Outset, or any other dungeon before me because I need to get water from the Forest Haven to help the tree a Korok planted grow..looks like he was beaten with an ugly stick..

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Playing The Wind Waker with my 5 year old son.
I am loving this game! Like many of us I have been a fan of the series since the original NES game. I am feeling right now this is the best of the series though I have not played through Majora's Mask.
My son is having a blast with this one as well.

After just playing through the bonus games OoT & Master Quest, I feel game play & control have tightened up nicely on TWW. Everything just feels smoother, & more fluid.
I would still prefer a dedicated jump button, but I am fairly comfortable with the auto jump at this point.

The graphics are a nice change of pace imo. The facial expression work well. I don't care for the blur effect done on the grafx, but it hardly matters now. Game play is king!

The writing is tight, & quite humorous. The sense of exploration, & discovery is awesome! I feel at this point greater than any other Zelda. I love the the sense of adventure heading out on the ocean, not knowing what is out there. Fighting is also a blast. Flying with the deku leaf is a very cool addition as well.

A classic moment in gaming indeed...

The sinking below the ocean to find Hyrule Castle & getting the master sword sequence! The fighting here rocks too!

BertFalasco
I also need to know where the Deku Tree is in relevance to either Windfall Island, Outset, or any other dungeon before me because I need to get water from the Forest Haven to help the tree a Korok planted grow..looks like he was beaten with an ugly stick..

Off the top of my head "Forest Haven" is far SE. I watered the lil tree, but was told there are several that need watering (7 total I think). You need to do this in 20 minutes before the Forest Haven water goes bad. This appears to be a mini quest, & I have not found any other trees to water yet.

So far I feel this one is worth the purchase of a Gamecube alone, & is as close to a 10/10 game as any.

Todd

PS Bert one other thing. I am not sure if you know this.
Feed the fish bait & they will fill in your ocean chart. "Small Fry"

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Uhhh, you've done the dungeon in the Forest Haven right? It's the 3rd one you do after the one on Dragon Roost island. The island is 4 squares south of Dragon Roost.

And you have been talking to all the fish to fill out your sea chart and get hints right? They tell you exactly where to go.

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
BertFalasco:

Buy a lot of bait from a merchant and everytime you're near an island, make sure to throw out some to the fish that are jumping out of the water. Not only do they mark the island on your sea chart (so you know where everything is), but they give you information regarding aquiring items to get you past A LOT of previously unattainable places.

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, feeding fish is key for knowing where to go. I also keep my own little chart with the hints they give, etc, on a piece of paper.

I just finished the little deku tree mini-quest. I had a great time but it seems(?) that 20 minutes isn't 20 minutes. It took me a half hour to water them all and the forest water only went bad about five minutes after that. I think cutscenes and such pause that timer. (Thank god because I watered one and missed, then left only to find I still needed to get that one, doh!) There's actually a big help for this mini-quest: you can have the little tree's locations added to your map. I'll let you find it.

I love this game!!!!!

edit: Fixed the spoiler to be more correct.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Dammit. I will NEVER preorder from Amazon.com again. Zelda supposedly shipped last Tuesday and I still haven't received it. I even payed for the more expensive shipping!!! :angry:

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Bert,
Thanks, I thought It had something to do with blowing up that rock, with the dried up bombs
I just forgot about filling up the bottle with water

Thanks again.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Guys, relax call me Bert not BertFalasco, as though I am a drone.. :)

Can I feed the fish anywhere in the ocean or is there a specific place?

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Sail to where you see it jumping out of the water. You'll know you are in the right area because the camera angle will change slighty. Then throw the bait and he'll swim up to it.

For each square section on your sea chart, there is a fish.

Mike D.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Dammit. I will NEVER preorder from Amazon.com again. Zelda supposedly shipped last Tuesday and I still haven't received it. I even payed for the more expensive shipping!!!
I recommend you write them a pretty heated letter...often times companies are more than happy to correct their mistakes with bribes in the form of gift certificates. It's worked for me a million times when I receive poor service. In fact, letters for good service often lead to similar results. It takes a little time, but maybe they'll give you a heart piece or something.;)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Hahaha Rob, I know. I lvoe the way OoT is incorporated, my friend says WW takes place 100 years after..

Back of the box says you play as Link, the ending better explain everything!

How did the original Deku Tree die anyways, I forget some of OoT.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
I just got the hint frmo the fish at the windy island for the Northern entrance but it led me to this icy island and I can't get in or I freeze and respawn.

Edit: Jumping the gun again, nevermind. The anticipation is still fun.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Ok, I'm stuck in the "Fire Dungeon". There are a few places, one being the boss, that I cannot figure out how to get to. I know the key to the boss is in one of the "hidden treasures" on the map, but I can't get to those rooms. One of the places looks like there is something to grapple on to, but it's too far away. Looks like its in front of a mouth with teeth. The bridges are too far away to use my grapple.

The other area is by what looks like a huge bird cage that fire shoots up to. What am I supposed to do there?

Need some pointers. It's amazing how challenged I am at video games.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Greg, how do I get up there to do that? I really am Video Game challenged!

Regarding the other part Greg, I'm in the same dungeon but different room. It has 2 or 3 bridges you walk across though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks