What's new

***Official Zelda:The Wind Waker - Your thoughts here... Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's been a while now, so I don't remember for sure. I think what happens is, you get the grappling hook from Medli and use it to swing to a ledge she shows you. You keep grappling from there until you come to a room with a suspension bridge. I think you have to go under the bridge. I don't know if you just drop down there, or if you have to cut the bridge to land safely. From there, I think you enter the room with the cage. If that isn't it, I just can't remember.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Greg, I figured it out. I spent over an hour last night trying to get it, and it only took me about 10 minutes today! Doh! I guess I just missed a door. Silly me!

Mark Evans

Supporting Actor
Safe thing. Second GameCube game I would recommend to anybody along with Metroid Prime.

Thanks to my exam being over today I could finally tear into this again. Great stuff (still)! I spent about an hour playing that idiotic mini-game at Spectacle Island to earn money though :p).

I wasn't too whoop-dee-doo about the chords that strike whenever you land a hit, as they're a nice touch but not much else. Then I did that boss fight at the Forsaken Fortress that is, shall we say, rather reminiscent of a previous boss fight ;). The way the chords start ratcheting up on that was just sweet.

Very impressed with the storyline, it's so much more dynamic and involved than previous titles. And it should be a textbook example of how to tell a story that's been told before but keep it fresh and exciting.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Thanks to my exam being over today I could finally tear into this again. Great stuff (still)! I spent about an hour playing that idiotic mini-game at Spectacle Island to earn money though
I could play that mini-game all day long. And, that nutty clerk is icing on the cake.

Peter_A

Second Unit
Well I finished it, short but sweet. The final battle is really cool looking and Gandorf just looks awesome in the game, really well designed. I didn't get every little secret in the game but now that I finished it I don't think I'll go back to it.

Maybe I'll trade it in towards a GBA SP? :)

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Today marks a week since I last played.. Gonna pick up on the Wind Temple when I get out of shower, fun fun.

Peter, without ruining it but also using spoilers, can you tell how entertaining the ending was. Not how long or anything but did it satisfy your hunger?

Shite, fellas, where is the Deku Tree so I can teach the little bugger my song?
Haha NM, I was gonig far SE as someone earlier said but I thought I wouldn't have luck but right as I hit edit I hit the shore :).

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
..I just spent the last 2 hours trying to get into the Wind Temple and even found out how to find Makar and I knew something was wrong, at what poin tin the game does it say to go to the Earth Temple first?!?!?

Man, I just wasted so much time..There weren't even melodies coming out of the waterfall and thought there was a glitch or something.. Well about to enter Earth Temple with Medli..

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
The Deku Tree makes it clear you can't find him first. You need to have talked to him.

If you're having trouble finding things on your map, you really should be feeding the fish. That'll help you a lot.

As for the ending, it was pretty great. Be sure to sit through the credits, as there is more to follow. Plus, the credits have some groovy art accompanying them.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Well I am at the Wind Temple now but I thought you could do either Temple first because you can get items to enter both without any problems. I thought something was fishy when the Deku Tree said he was nowhere to be found, but I figured that was reason to look for him.

Thanks, can't wait for ending.

ChrisPaw

Auditioning
Okay folks,

i've been enjoying reading all about the Wind Waker although i do not own a GCN.

If it is not too much trouble, can someone make a quick write up of the story including the ending? Of course, put it in spoiler tags...

I really want to know what is going on in this game....

Thanks.

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,

I just got the Master Sword
and my dragon boat tells me to go the the forsaken fortress again to rescue my sister. I only have like 7 hearts, and haven't even traveled to all corners of the world. My question is should I be prepared for the end of the game already? Or will SOMETHING happen and the game will continue for awhile longer if I finish the fortress now? No spoilers please. Just a go now or explore more would be fine. Thanks.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Almost done... I just...
completed the Triforce of Courage and am now on my way BACK to Hyrule

Time to kick some Ganondorf ass ;)

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
I'm taking my time. I'm working my way through each square to get the map finished out and figure out the islands. I'm about halfway through the map.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks