What's new

*** Official *** Xbox 360 REVIEW Thread (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Larry, go to a big store and just get one there. Best Buys, Wal-Marts and the like will get more shipments long before next March rolls around.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

I think they're full of s**t. The idea that no 360 shipments will coming for at least three months is inconceivable. My local EB says they've heard shipments will peter in every week until Christmas. What your retailer might have meant is that it may take that long to cover their preorders.

If you have the ability to cancel that preorder at any time and receive a full refund on your deposit I would let it rid but keep looking for units to pop up at other retailers.

James T

Screenwriter
That's probably what I should have done. I never knew MS would make the 360 so scarce during the holiday, so I canceled my pre-order since EB "does not guarantee anything". And I agree with Jay, stores are suppose to get weekly shipments, but it's only a few units here and there. When I was in Best Buy on launch day(just surveying the aftermath) I was told mid-December for the next shipment. That seems about right since there's that Best Buy memo floating around.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd

I seem to be getting this story from more and more people. However, since I know Bill loves the green stuff, I don't think this will really happen. Sorry to say, My oldest daughter got impatient and paid $575 for a core says off of eBay. :frowning:

WesleyHester

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Hester
I was lucky to get a core system (wanted the premium) at launch from the local Wal-Mart. Of ten chairs (2 premium, 8 core) there were only 3 left when I got there and the other two filled up shortly after I set down. I later learned that a few people had just left before I got there to check other nearby cities.
Anyway, I've been having a hard time tracking down a hard drive. To me and my experiences, it seems the hard drives are in very short supply as well.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
While I'm not a BBY employee, I have seen a scan of the BBY retail insider which contains information about the next shipment of 360's. From memory, stores are supposed to be getting another shipment of consoles (both core and premium versions) on December 16 (a Friday). However, the stores are supposed to hold the premium systems until they are actually advertised in the ad on the 20th (a Sunday). Also, the notice said that each store is supposed to have 20 systems available.

I am aware that forum members aren't supposed to post information about upcoming ads or sales, however, I think this is different since we're just talking about when more units will be in stock vs. some sort of sale price on a given item.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I can smell the launch day fiasco all over again from here. When word of this gets out (which it unboubtedly will), there will be lines at 11PM the night before with stock being completely gone within 2 minutes of opening.

Scott_lb

Supporting Actor
I agree. The longest I am willing to wait in line is about 1.5 hours. I realize that my chances of getting one significantly decrease, however, I'm not willing to significantly alter my life for this system when I don't even have an HD monitor.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

:laugh: So true - looked like a crime scene.

Scott posts a good point above about ads and sales but this is a different situation - we need all the information available. I can't say I agree with BB's policy re: holding back premium units to create demand. There already is demand. Forcing another round of lineups is not going to give any warm and fuzzy feelings, in fact the opposite. I also don't buy their theory that people will buy stuff anyway while they're in the store. Reality is that most will get the hell out of there and head off to their next location in hopes of snagging a unit.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I'm going to get to BB early and that's the only thing on my list. Grab a 360 and run. I alerady have my games and will be picking up a charge and play kit this weekend.

James T

Screenwriter
I got it the other day.

I was basically at the right place at the right time at Wal-Mart. I really just stopped in to ask when their shipment was coming in. A few minutes later and I would have been too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks