What's new

***Official Halo 2 Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Wrong. You do have a working version of the game with the exception of a HUD issue that I personally feel is overblown - this is all a matter of opinion and I can't argue with you there. However, your subscription is temporary and free for two months. Sign up, download the new features, and cancel.

This has been an ongoing topic of discussion since the birth of Xbox live. If not a patch people have commented that they "shouldn't have to download new levels for MechAssault, they should have been included at the beginning." The reality is even if those levels WERE included at launch and additional downloads became available later there would STILL be complaints. The games stand on their own, and in many cases are rejuvinated by the addition of new maps, cars, game types, etc. That aside you still get the ability to play among an online community. Xbox Live as an annual subscription is cheap and delivers on the value proposition.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Carlo

Ahh...concert DVD's. I was referring to "regular" films on DVD, all of which to my knowledge have center channels, not concert DVD's of which some have both 5.1 and L/R PCM stereo tracks.

Oh well.......back to fighting the Covenant!:)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Just give me an example of one that has a center on yours, Tino, and I'll check out my copy! Try to stay mainstream, my collection probably tops 500 but a lot are TV on DVD.

Carlo

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
David, just wait until you get to the quarantine zone and high charity. Quaratine is impressive just for the sheer ammout of firepower being dispensed all around at any moment. A multi tank battle with ground troops and all. Impossible to describe.

High Charity is amazing whenever you get outdoors and look out at the vast expanse of it all and see the forerunner ship in the distance. Looks like a massive city.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

Sonuva. Apologies for not reading the statement more clearly. Although I don't really understand the limitation of writing an executable program from a disc vs. receiving it from online. That definitely puts a damper on this, at least for people without broadband. The free XBL trial membership still stands but only if you can connect.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Jay, you sure ripped me pretty hard without fully reading the press release now didn't you?;)

And if you don't have broadband, suddenly it's a large expense to incur to get a version of Halo 2 without 480P cropping issues!

But your points were valid...and I sound more vehement than I really am...I intend to get XBox Live very shortly and will be getting the update via that method, however I was speaking in terms of those who do not have the same access that I have at their disposal.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member

:b

Access without alternative sources (ie. OXM, ability to rip the file from Bungie onto a CD-R, etc.) is definitely a problem. I guess the focus of my anti-vehemence {insert trademark symbol here} is that it is still an entirely playable game and that Xbox Live is still a great service. How Microsoft and Bungie address this patch for those who are unable to access Xbox Live is up for grabs. I guess in the interim your solution would be to go to a friend's house who has broadband, sign up for the 2 month trial, load the patch, then cancel.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I was about to suggest just that same thing for those who don't have broadband. I mean most everyone knows SOMEONE or SOMEWHERE where they can go for broadband. I mean, even an internet cafe or work or something. Sign up, download the patch, and then CANCEL RIGHT AWAY.

If you do not, and just go offline, at the end of 2 months they will start billing your credit card. So if you do this, DL the patch, and terminate right away.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Evan,

I'm sure if you wrote to Bungie, and explained your situation that you had no possible way to update, they would find a way to get you an update. Probably mail you a disc with the update. It didnt take them long to fix the problem. They dont want people to be upset with their product.

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Jean,

I think you are misreading me slightly. I CAN get Live and I WILL get Live (and soon, I'm sure). I'm just being the voice of reason for those who cannot. I'm really not complaining as much as it appears I am. I was planning to get the service anyway, this just speeds up the timetable a bit.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Um, I don't know about anyone else, but what happened to the clans? All of a sudden I'm not in one anymore, and neither is quite a few other people I know. I know for sure I didn't get kicked out cause I was an Overlord.

Evan M

Second Unit
Something is screwed up with them... there are posts all over teh bungie site about it. But no official word on what the problem is yet.

But, it's not just this clan... appears to be all clans affected.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Some funny banter among the AI tonight on campaign. Was the first time I heard the AI have conversations with each other.

One time I had a female marine(the Laura Prepon voice)and the Aussie male(thank god they got him back in here). She asks him "are you all right?" and he responds "just worry about yourself doll!"

The other bit was actually between a marine and an elite honor guard. They were both hiding behind cover and taunting each other. The marine had the R Lee Eremy style voice as he taunted the Elite with things like "come on out so I can sight you." and "cmon boy, time to die." then the elite pops out, shoots the marine once, then hides again. After taking the shot, the marines voice began to sound mad as he says "thats it split chin, you're going down!" and the elite responds with "Ha. What are you trying to do human? Scare me?"

Was just priceless.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks