What's new

Community: Season 6 (Yahoo!) (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I don't know if anyone was aware (and I wish I thought of mentioning it earlier), but Dan Harmon and Allison Bree appeared on the season finale of Dr. Ken. Harmon played himself and he hires Jeong to appear in his new series about a community college. According to Harmon, it happened in real life pretty much the same way it appeared on the show, except they had a Sony executive in the room who kept saying "...but did you see him in The Hangover?"

After watching this the kids demanded we watch the first couple episodes of Community. So I guess we're working through the series again.

Also, i don't see it mentioned here, but if anyone cares, Yahoo re-released the season online not long after it completed with commentary with Harmon. I see the commentary is not present in the S06 dvds. Google 'Communitary' if you're interested.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The entire series hits Blu-Ray on September 18, 2018:

https://www.millcreekent.com/community-the-complete-series-blu-ray.html

soon-gif-9.gif

Paul D G

Screenwriter
SOLD!

I'll probably wind up spending the winter rewatching the entire series with my kids AGAIN.

I hope season six includes the commentaries.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
SOLD!

I'll probably wind up spending the winter rewatching the entire series with my kids AGAIN.

I hope season six includes the commentaries.
Yeah, same here. We'll see -- typically Mill Creek frequently tends to jettison all previous supplemental DVD content on their Blu-Ray releases like they did with their sets for Quantum Leap, Friday Night Lights, The Rockford Files, and Miami Vice, which all dropped all bonus material. Those were all Universal properties, though, not Sony, so it's possible they'll retain some stuff. Fingers crossed.

But, the official Mill Creek Blu-Ray sell sheet is up on their website, and...Special Features are "pending final breakdown":

https://www.millcreekent.com/media/sell_sheets//63332.pdf

At least special features appear to still be on the table. Except for the Season 6 commentaries, they're already right there on the DVDs, sitting there ready to go -- all they have to do is slap 'em on disc, and they're in business.

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
41320116_10155977506259773_6505718612588756992_n.jpg

COMMUNITY - THE COMPLETE SERIES on Blu-ray!
Available Oct 2 - Pre-Order NOW! http://a.co/d/8Yn2tg0

SPECIAL FEATURE BREAKDOWN:
Commentary on (Almost) Every Episode
Hilarious Outtakes, Puns & Gag Reels
Over 3 hours of Behind-the-Scenes Featurettes with Cast & Crew
Deleted & Extended Scenes
DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround
English Subtitles
https://www.facebook.com/MillCreekEnt/photos/a.118214269772/10155977506254773

So...the Season 6 Dan Harmon-commentaries are included? Or does "(Almost) Every Episode" refer to only five seasons out of six? Still, nice to see all the other DVD supplements confirmed as part of the set.

Last edited:

spshultz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Ratzen
I watched the table read yesterday and absolutely loved it. Everyone was having fun. But it was Pedro's reaction to the bequeathing of the sperm that had me rolling on the floor. I do miss this show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
They also did an ep of Ken and Joel’s podcast right after recording the read.

It’s called the Darkest Timeline episode 9 on YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks