What's new

*** Official "FINDING NEMO" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
This film was good, but not great. One nitpick I have is that I think the film was too "deliberate" in pushing some its "points". It WAS much better than Monster's Inc. I'd rank Iron Giant and A Bug's Life above it. How long was it anyway? It seemed VERY long for a "family film".

derek

Second Unit
:star: :star: :star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Another family hit from Pixar. The animation and storytelling is top notch. Many adult in jokes keep the film fresh for the older crowd. The movie seemed a bit on the long side and my 4 and 2 year old seemed to lose a bit of interest by the end. I think the film suffers from two things as compared to other Pixar releases 1. No prominent antagonist (ala Grasshoppers in Bugs Life.) 2. 'Familiar' setting. Even with the great colorful animation and wacky characters...there is really 'nothing new under the sea.' The Toy Storys, Bug's Life and Monsters each bring us a fresher and less familiar perspective on worlds we've never really seen before.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
:star::star::star::star: out of :star::star::star::star:

This movie was sheer perfection. I can't imagine a single way in which it could be improved upon.

My current PIXAR rankings:

1. A Bug's Life (4/4)
2. Toy Story (4/4)
3. Finding Nemo (4/4)
4. Toy Story 2 (3.75/4)
5. Monsters Inc (3.75/4)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
First of all, I loved this movie. Pixar is doing what Disney can no longer do, which is truly tap into your emotions and pull the strings without you really knowing it.

Second, the film really looked amazing. The visuals were just stunning. Sometimes it looked like they filmed actual water and animated fish into them. With that said, everything is clearly CGI and not real (except the water, you can't really tell with that), which plays into the fact that the creatures can be more expressive and can emote better. Whatever you say, the look of the film was beautiful.

Third, the story was simply perfect; everything in this movie makes sense. The emotions the characters exhibit, the way they interact, the way the events unfold...everything just fell into place. And the best part is that nothing felt sappy or like it was being pushed in your face.

Simply perfect. I agree that this is going to be the box office champion for the summer, and it DEFINITELY should be.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I loved the animation, and not just the pretty reef scenes either. I was particularly impressed with the various atmospheric conditions from the colourful reef, to the pitch black depths, to the world war 2 wreck, the polluted Sydney harbour, etc etc.

Of all the pixar films so far, there was more to tug at the heart strings here. Maybe because I am a parent.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I thought a second viewing of Finding Nemo would probably change my thoughts about giving a four-star rating to the film. And I was right.

New rating: :star::star::star::star::star: out of :star::star::star::star:

Phenomenal in every conceivable way.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Wonderful animation, a nice story and very good voice talents used. I also liked the manner in which the storytellers were able to incorporate as much marine specie as possible into its storyline.

(out of four).

~Edwin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks