What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Odd Photos App Behavior on iPads? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I opened Photos on my iPad Pro. I deleted a few photos, then opened messages. I selected Photos in the Messages app and it sees some photos that I don’t see when using Photos directly. I was surprised even before using Messages because I thought I was missing some photos when using Photos directly. Forget about the deleted photos, they are not an issue.

In short, Photos doesn’t show all my photos.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Sometimes it takes a bit for everything to get synced. Messages access can be outdated.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are they pictures you'd deleted, but hadn't yet shown as deleted in Messenger?

I'm not sure if...
  1. Messenger is out of sync showing previously deleted and/or not showing newer photos?
  2. Your photos syncing is not working across devices so that Photos on iPad isn't updated with what's in iCloud or on your computer or something (but Messenger is seeing everything from its interface)?

I've experienced both of those issues. My wife's iPhoto sync from iMac to iCloud is hosed. Has been for a year or two. We tried to fix it once with Apple's help. It made things worse. The root problem was her iMac wasn't updated, so couldn't support full Photos in iCloud. (But iPhoto still let her turn on the feature, and that just screwed everything up worse. She eventually updated to Mojave but there's not been time to try and sort out the syncing problem. Maybe over the holidays we'll update everything to iOS 13 and Catalina and try to solve her photo syncing problems.)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Are they pictures you'd deleted, but hadn't yet shown as deleted in Messenger?

I'm not sure if...
  1. Messenger is out of sync showing previously deleted and/or not showing newer photos?
  2. Your photos syncing is not working across devices so that Photos on iPad isn't updated with what's in iCloud or on your computer or something (but Messenger is seeing everything from its interface)?

I've experienced both of those issues. My wife's iPhoto sync from iMac to iCloud is hosed. Has been for a year or two. We tried to fix it once with Apple's help. It made things worse. The root problem was her iMac wasn't updated, so couldn't support full Photos in iCloud. (But iPhoto still let her turn on the feature, and that just screwed everything up worse. She eventually updated to Mojave but there's not been time to try and sort out the syncing problem. Maybe over the holidays we'll update everything to iOS 13 and Catalina and try to solve her photo syncing problems.)
It’s all synced now. The missing photos were not the deleted ones. Your first comment was on point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks