OC Season 2 Big or Small Box?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Josh_HI, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Josh_HI

Josh_HI Second Unit

Apr 17, 2004
    I was just wondering does anyone know if the OC season 2 will be coming out in the big box that the original season 1 sets came out in or the small ones they are making now for season 1? Has anyone got an early copy? I really hope it is the big box....atleast for the first few.

If not it will screw up my sets.[​IMG]
  2. John*D

John*D Second Unit

Jul 23, 2005
    The WB's past 3 seasons of SMALLVILLE have all used the same style packaging as each previous season.

So the same should go for the OC, as it also used that same book-style of Digipak.

Although the WB uses a variety of styles of packaging for their shows, it should be consistent between the different seasons of a show. ([​IMG] Hear that UNIVERSAL?)

EDIT: According to WB's web site the packaging is called DVD DIGISTAK for both seasons. So I guess it'll be the same style.

* While on WB's store site, I found a mini dvd release of the Pilot episode of the OC for $8. The strange thing is, AMAZON doesn't have this, but they seem to have a lot of WB's other mini dvd releases, including several tv show pilots.

:b I still have yet to watch my season 1 set of the OC. I got so much stuff to watch, that I've finally decided to stop buying until I'm caught up.
  3. Christian Preischl

Christian Preischl Screenwriter

Oct 11, 2001
    Christian Preischl
    I wouldn't be too certain about consistency. They didn't change packaging until around April/May this year, so that's probably why Smallville hasn't been affected yet. Prime example being Gilmore Girls which used to have the big packaging for seasons 1 and 2, but season 3 is the smaller one. I think they even re-released the first two seasons in the smaller packaging.