1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by SamT, Feb 20, 2019.

1. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
    [​IMG]

Deborah Chow to Direct Obi-Wan Kenobi Series Exclusively on Disney+

Fresh off The Mandalorian, Deborah Chow will helm the upcoming live-action series starring Ewan McGregor, with Hossein Amini confirmed as writer.

Deborah Chow has been tapped to direct the new Obi-Wan Kenobi series that is exclusively for Disney+. Ewan McGregor will be reprising his role as Obi-Wan Kenobi for the series, which takes place eight years after the events of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith.

benbess and joshEH like this.
  2. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
  3. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

If she was good enough to direct Better Call Saul and Mr. Robot, this show is in good hands.

Neil Middlemiss and joshEH like this.
  4. joshEH

joshEH Producer

Josh
    On a side note, I believe this marks the first time both the writer and director of a major SW project is a person of color (not to mention, a woman).

Man, toxic incel Star Wars-nerds will totally love and accept this news in the most mature way.

Philip Verdieck likes this.
  5. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

If I was a better man, I wouldn't enjoy reading their ridiculous tantrums and conspiracy theories. Fortunately, I'm not a better man so I'm having alot of fun.

Philip Verdieck and joshEH like this.
  6. SamT

SamT Producer

Sam
    Hossein Amini Talks His Upcoming Disney+ ‘Obi-Wan’ Series

Michael Slavin: Yeah, that’s fantastic thank you. So, one of your upcoming projects is the anticipated ‘Obi Wan’ show for Disney+ and I was wondering what you can say about the current production status of that series, I know you can’t say everything-

Hossein Amini: I can’t say very much. The plan is to start shooting in July, Ewan McGregor is signed on. I think he’s already said that it spans the period between episodes 3 and 4, so sort of after the fall of the republic and the massacre of the Jedi before the events of ‘Star Wars: A New Hope’. It’s fascinating in the sense that it’s a period where there is a lot of change in the galaxy and a lot of hardship. So, for Obi Wan’s character, he has a lot to adjust to given the loss of his close friends and the order that he believed in. It felt like a really exciting opportunity to explore a different side of a franchise that I always loved and I’ve always loved it because of its spiritual aspects as well as its fun and action elements, it seems to work on way more than one level which isn’t always true for those big franchises.

Michael Slavin: That actually links very well onto my next question because I want to sort of ask how is it where you’re tackling such an iconic Star Wars character, but you’re tackling it in perhaps the worst span of their life because everything they ever stood for has fallen and everyone they have ever known has been massacred before this new hope is given, so I was wondering how you’re approaching that aspect of the character.

Hossein Amini: For a writer that is a difficult journey to explore because there is so much conflict in terms of internal and external and that’s what you’re always looking for in a story. When things are going great it’s difficult to wrangle a story out of that because there is nothing to struggle against in both the interior and exterior sense. So, I’ve always been drawn to situations that revolve around some kind of crisis.

Michael Slavin: Previously Obi-Wan was actually reportedly planned as a movie so why do you think that this story works best as a six-episode limited series?

....rest at the link

7. MattBradley

MattBradley Second Unit

Matt Bradley
    Hopefully we'll get surprised with a Liam Neeson voiceover cameo. It would be nice for Obi-Wan to have someone to talk to. I could see this movie about a hermit turning into something similar to Cast Away with long periods of silence. Will be curious what kind of interaction he'll have with the outside world.

Tommy R, joshEH and TravisR like this.
  8. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    yep so sick of reading or seeing toxic Star Wars and Trek Fans, if i don't like it i don't watch it, i try to find the good with the bad. its to the point even a deent show like Mandalorian they rag on for Clicks. One complained because CGI animals died for cripes sake