What's new

NYTimes article on DVD producers (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Interesting article. Incidentally, we spoke with Mark Rowen about Shrek 2 when we visted Dreamworks during the last HTF meet in LA.

Plus, I had no idea that an SE of Titanic was on the way. I'm sure my wife will be thrilled! :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
Gotta wonder about this part:

What is this "voice-over" they speak of? As if NY Times readers wouldn't understand the term "commentary"? :D

Will_B

Senior HTF Member

Remember the New York Times is the rag which spells compact disc as "compact disk."

Unless they finally accepted the real spelling, that is.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I'm pretty sure I've seen the term "commentary" used in other NYTimes articles about DVD. Maybe the reporter actually listened to the Bouzereau commentary on the Criterion Carrie. It's so odd-sounding (he has a thick accent and speaks like an academic) that it really does seem like a different animal from contemporary DVD commentaries.

In all the Bouzereau-produced features I've seen on DVD, I've never heard him speak, even to ask a question. I suspect that's not an accident. ;)

M.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
He re-recorded all the questions on the Zemeckis & Gale Q&A track on the "Back to the Future" trilogy DVD's. I don't know if the audience participants weren't recorded or if they didn't clear the use of their voices but if you listen to that track, you hear a lot of Bouzereau. You can also hear his voice on some of the supplements of the "Taxi Driver" DVD.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
I don't think his accent is all that thick, though of course it's noticeable. As Bill just said, he does talk on the Taxi Driver DVD, specifically over the photo montage, as he reminisces about first seeing the movie when it came out in France and the impact it had on him and his cinephile contemporaries.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks