What's new

Nuance N50 Sub and Nuance 1S Bookshelf (2 Viewers)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Also, I know lots of people who have Nuance speakers, and do enjoy them a lot. So if you are scared of by the comments in the other thread, fine, but I would listen to them first before I judge
Like I just wrote, I have listened to them. And I won't be scared off by the posts from the other thread since I wrote many of them. Maybe you need to take another look at that thread since there are some newer posts from when I emailed Andrew Marshall, editor and publisher of the Canadian magazine Audio Ideas Guide. See what he had to say about these "fine Canadian speakers"

:)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Bob, not to seem confrontational, but do you work for a chain that sells Nuance? I ask this becuase you seem to chime in with gusto everytime they are mentioned. With the same "sales tactics" an experienced salesman would use. Again, please don't take this as an insult or a flame, I was just wondering.

cheers!

Josh

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
I cant believe someone said half assed about Energy:frowning: hehe anyways, I'm very familiar with the white van scam here in Washington State they've been around for 15 + years and I've been approached by them a few times, I have to say I always liked there 1500 dollar studio monitor speal. Being I used to work in pro audio I always look at them laugh and say "hmmm I wouldn't give you 20 bux for em let alone use them in any reputable recording studio" then proceed to tell them "you know that this has been regarded an illegal scam in this state and if you dont leave this area I will report you to the cops" which they then scamper like cocroaches its quite funny. Oh well its no worse than the people that approach you in a parking lot trying to sell perfume. But I'm getting off topic here. I've never heard Nuance myself but by looking at posts and even there own company website it appears to be a very questioinable and shady operation in which case I wouldn't even get within 20 feet of there products. Any manufacture that does not publish any specifications on there website and threatens to sue any publication for reviewing them is not a company that I would ever do business with and would highly question. My thing here is maybe some of you up north should call a local TV station or something and get this scam out into public knowledge. I know american media would eat this up alive if they could:)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I cant believe someone said half assed about Energy
Oops my bad. I could have used a better choice of words. What I meant was a middle of the line model from Energy, not the cheapest nor the most expensive. Just something typical ie: half assed. :)

Their great speakers and I have recommended them to many.

Also, the staff at HTF allowed me to write up a little report about Nuance for the FAQ in the basics area. It can be found here:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...=&pagenumber=1

Just scroll down to shopping, buying and choosing section and the topic "the truth about Nuance speakers".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks