What's new

NSPII's or Quintets? I have both, have to rid of one (1 Viewer)

calvin_b

Stunt Coordinator
I have the JBL NSPIIs that I purchased for $150 from BB. The Klipsch are coming w/ a cousin of mine moving in from out of town who are just going to give them to me for free. This is going into a room 22' x 10', of which only 1/2 is the theater.

Which one should I keep? I know I should audition both, and see which I like, but that option is not open to me. Cousin is arriving in a week, and after 30 days, I cannot return the JBL's. It will be 30 days on Thursday. What do you guys think? Every dollars count, so if I can save $150, I'd want to.

Thanks for your time!

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
I'd say you can get more than $150 out of the quintets and truthfully I like the sound of the NSP1 better. The Quintets are fine when you need something THAT small but the sound harsh in the hights and strained below around 150hz. The NSP1s are clean down to 80hz where u'd be crossing them over and are quite a bit smoother in the highs.

Hope that helps :)

Joey_V

Second Unit
go for the jbls. actually, see if u can do a pricematch on those - they are now 100 a pair.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Would be kind of difficult to pricematch the NSP1II five speaker set with just a pair of N24II's ;)

I haven't heard the Quintets, but if they're true to the nature of Klipsch's sound then I'd take the JBL's. I myself have the NSP1II package and love the speakers.

calvin_b

Stunt Coordinator
thanks guys. i should've just mentioned that i needed some encouragement to keep the JBLs. $150, i cant lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks