What's new

Now that the Flint movies are out and the new Austin Powers just opened ..... (1 Viewer)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Isn't it about time that Columbia Tri Star home video cracked open their vaults and released those shagilicious Matt Helm movies? The Silencers, Murderers Row, The Ambushers and The Wrecking Crew. Dean Martin as the swinging spy with the cream of the 60's babes: Stella Stevens, Ann-Margret, Elke Sommer, Senta Berger, Nancy Kwan and Sharon Tate.
Fox was smart enough to release the Flint movies (as well as Modesty Blaise) on DVD to coincide with the new Austin Powers flick. Perhaps Columbia Tri Star can get a move on and ready the Helm films in time for Goldmember's video debut.

Chip E

Screenwriter
"I would love to see the Matt Helm movies!!!"

I remember those movies.... i'd like to see them on dvd as well.

Gunnar Syren

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gunnar Syrén
I loved the Mayy Helm films. Wasn't it in one of those that they chased the hero up into the Danish Alps...(!)?

(That's like chasing someone to the Nevada seashore...)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I would buy the Matt Helm films, for sure, as long as they were the original theatrical presentations.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i just saw yesterday the 2 flints and modessty blaise in a box set at FYE ......$59.99
:laugh:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't Fathom inlcuded in that box set, Tony? 4 discs for ~$15 each sounds much more in-line than 3 discs for ~$20 each! :eek:
And, IMO, Fathom was a much more enjoyable film than Blaise was...and not just for Raquel's assets, either! :wink:

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
At my local Fry's electronics store, the Flint movies as well as Modesty and Fathom are all $9.99 each! Fox is smart for going the MGM and Warners route on their catalogue titles rather than the higher Disney/Paramount route.

Bhagi Katbamna

Supporting Actor
Someone asked Dean Martin why he was always with beatiful young women. He said, "Because there are no beautiful women my age." I'd like to see the Helm series on DVD too.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Wasn't Fathom inlcuded in that box set, Tony? 4 discs for ~$15 each sounds much more in-line than 3 discs for ~$20 each
it was only 3 disc's. it was either fathom or blaise.
they may have had sets with the choice of the 2 plus the flint's.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've been looking around the web since reading this, including on FYE's website, and noone has a listing for such a set (The 2 Flint's and a third "she-spy" film). It's just not on the map! Huh.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I don't go to that section Studio & Manufacturer Feedback section that much. I am definitely a Matt Helm fan and thought about those movies when I was watching Our Man Flint. Dean Martin was very cool as Matt Helm and there was a bit of rivalry between him and Frank Sinatra during this time period.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I've been looking around the web since reading this, including on FYE's website, and noone has a listing for such a set (The 2 Flint's and a third "she-spy" film). It's just not on the map! Huh.
thats strange.

maybe it's an in store item. i've seen that in 2 dif stores.

Cary P

Stunt Coordinator
I was surprised to see The Silencers recently at Tower Records, as I had no idea a release was announced. It looks to be anamorphic widescreen, according to the box.
Of course, I've been waiting since '97-'98 for the Helm movies to be released on DVD and I picked it up immediately at $14.99. I can finally delete the letterbox version I've had stored on my DirecTivo for the last two years. Haven't watched it yet, though, perhaps this weekend.
Does anyone know if the Matt Helm sequels will be released soon? If we could just get Murderer's Row, The Ambusher's, and The Wrecking Crew released on DVD, my swingin' 60's spy collection would be just about complete.
Still waiting on Danger: Diabolik, and The Billion Dollar Brain, but have pretty much given up hope on those ever being released on DVD.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Now that Matt Helm is on DVD, when can we expect THE PRESIDENT'S ANALYST?
Or how about the original BEDAZZLED???

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I believe ( IIRC ) that Mr. Blythe indicated that The President's Analyst would be released in 2004.
- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks