Now and Again?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Nelson Au, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I thought I'd toss this title, Now and Again into the wish list. Not sure if there's any interest here, but I really liked this show, too bad it lasted only one year. Prior to Alias, it felt like the Alias of it's genre. It had a good cast, semi Sci-Fi elements mixed with the personal conflicts of the leads.

Nelson

2. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Nelson,

I loved this show. It was sad it ended on a cliff-hanger. It is really a shame though. Because, it did very well for a Saturday night tv show. And from what I heard they were supposed to get picked up. But, then the boneheads at CBS decided to cancel it.
    It runs on Scifi channel. And I always said that instead of Scifi making movies about giant spiders, snakes or whatever. They should make a 2hour wrap up movie for the show. I can't see it being that hard to get the cast together to do it.

3. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Seriously? You've got Eric Close on Without A Trace and Dennis Haysbert on 24, and most of the cast getting steady work. Nobody involved with the show needs to do a cable TV-movie between their other work.

4. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

Interesting to hear it's on Sci-Fi. I don't have cable so I'm missing that world!

Jason, if the cast were up for it and there was a decent script and time between projects, I can't see why they wouldn't do a TV movie. I can understand the cast and producers might wonder if the fan response was lttle to none.

I'm not holding my breath!

5. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

That's a bunch of ifs, though. The money Sci-Fi would pay for a sequel - assuming they could get the rights, which I doubt - would probably not be enough to get Close & Haysbert to hike up to Vancouver, and you'd likely get a sort of chicken-and-egg problem even if there were: The stars wouldn't consider signing on without a good script, but there's no point in paying for a script without Eric Close and Dennis Haysbert interested. And, for that matter, the show's creator has gone on to other things as well; should someone else be put in charge of the project?

6. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Jason,

What I meant is that none of the stars have become superstars. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio was not going to do the Growing Pains reunion show. I am sure if they came with a decent offer they could get them in the off-season.

7. Mark To

Mark To Supporting Actor

The show didn't even do well on SciFi. It got yanked several times and got poor ratings. It was a good show that a lot of people, including CBS, didn't get. As for ending with a cliffhanger when they hadn't been renewed yet, that was just stupidity on the producer's part.