What's new

Now and Again? (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I thought I'd toss this title, Now and Again into the wish list. Not sure if there's any interest here, but I really liked this show, too bad it lasted only one year. Prior to Alias, it felt like the Alias of it's genre. It had a good cast, semi Sci-Fi elements mixed with the personal conflicts of the leads.

Nelson

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Nelson,

I loved this show. It was sad it ended on a cliff-hanger. It is really a shame though. Because, it did very well for a Saturday night tv show. And from what I heard they were supposed to get picked up. But, then the boneheads at CBS decided to cancel it.
It runs on Scifi channel. And I always said that instead of Scifi making movies about giant spiders, snakes or whatever. They should make a 2hour wrap up movie for the show. I can't see it being that hard to get the cast together to do it.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Seriously? You've got Eric Close on Without A Trace and Dennis Haysbert on 24, and most of the cast getting steady work. Nobody involved with the show needs to do a cable TV-movie between their other work.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Interesting to hear it's on Sci-Fi. I don't have cable so I'm missing that world!

Jason, if the cast were up for it and there was a decent script and time between projects, I can't see why they wouldn't do a TV movie. I can understand the cast and producers might wonder if the fan response was lttle to none.

I'm not holding my breath!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
That's a bunch of ifs, though. The money Sci-Fi would pay for a sequel - assuming they could get the rights, which I doubt - would probably not be enough to get Close & Haysbert to hike up to Vancouver, and you'd likely get a sort of chicken-and-egg problem even if there were: The stars wouldn't consider signing on without a good script, but there's no point in paying for a script without Eric Close and Dennis Haysbert interested. And, for that matter, the show's creator has gone on to other things as well; should someone else be put in charge of the project?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Jason,

What I meant is that none of the stars have become superstars. For example, Leonardo DiCaprio was not going to do the Growing Pains reunion show. I am sure if they came with a decent offer they could get them in the off-season.

Mark To

Supporting Actor
The show didn't even do well on SciFi. It got yanked several times and got poor ratings. It was a good show that a lot of people, including CBS, didn't get. As for ending with a cliffhanger when they hadn't been renewed yet, that was just stupidity on the producer's part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks